How an NBA sixth man built a $600M empire

Charlie Sollers

All Star
Daps
Salute to the breh:salute:

How an NBA sixth man built a $600M empire

But Bridgeman understood her point. Salaries for players then weren't that high by today's standards. In Bridgeman's 12-season career, which included a stint with the LA Clippers, he made about $2.95 million and never more than $350,000 in a season.

After his career, he built a fast-food empire that, at its peak, totaled more than 450 restaurants nationwide. He became a Coca-Cola bottling distributor with territory across three states and into Canada. He bought Ebony and Jet magazines. His estimated net worth soared to nearly $600 million, behind just Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson and LeBron James, among NBA players.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
“We know you got a brick but sell 'em Wendy’s til they tired” :banderas:

“With no credit, you know they sick but that gotta eat fetish” :ufdup:

“Here's the rules: chop it, bag it, stash it, bacon stack it” :jbhmm:

“Get in, get out - that's a 4 for 4 classic” :whoo:

“Wanna speak to me direct, hit a quarter-pound, I'm out” :wow:

- $1.99 Hustler by Memphis BBQ

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Great story.

Make sound investments with that money. Even if you didn't make a ton you still got a leg up on 99% everyone else.

Similar story with former NFL and OU player Ryan Broyles.

Broyles! Lions drafted him, I thought he'd be a solid player for us but the injuries ended his career. But even during his brief stint I remember him talking about real estate, asking for advice, learning etc. Sounds like he has multiple properties now and is cookin' with gas.

Athletes are in prime position to make a lot of money investing in property, franchise restaurants, stores etc. And creating jobs for their home towns.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Salute to that good FBA brother he's a good example.

Sidenote: I wish Black Americans would open up distribution centers in the south in places like Mississippi to help with employment.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That brother really made sound investments with his earnings. Takes a lot of business acumen and discipline.
It also shows how much spending power a few million was then to now. Meanwhile salaries have not gone up in decades but spending power has gone down. A few million is still a few million but it’s a lot harder to flip it into what he did.