Houston Brehs........ need real estate help

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
So I want to put in a bid on this place.....

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cfm?mlnum=81817694&v=s

^^(I hope the link works)

Anyway.....any opinion is appreciated.

I will be buying this for myself, but plan on sharing my my woman. The only problem is we are not married, but plan on it. Anybody have experience sharing a place with their s/o (under your ownership) but not married. Could I possibly lose out if we split? Even if we are just living together?

constructive advise is much appreciated.

Mac Brown :win:

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
I know where this is located, decent unit...but in regards to your question, things could get sticky if you choose to co-habitate. To clarify, the mortgage loan/agreement or will all be in your name? If so, will she be splitting costs with you or will you give her liberties on paying costs associated with purchasing and finally living there?

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
I know where this is located, decent unit...but in regards to your question, things could get sticky if you choose to co-habitate. To clarify, the mortgage loan/agreement or will all be in your name? If so, will she be splitting costs with you or will you give her liberties on paying costs associated with purchasing and finally living there?

The mortgage will be in my name. And I will give her liberties on paying cost associated with the place., like cable or electricity.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX
The mortgage will be in my name. And I will give her liberties on paying cost associated with the place., like cable or electricity.

:leostare: is she gainfully employed? this will cause problems if you establish yourself as her breadwinner with or without putting a ring on it

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
:leostare: is she gainfully employed? this will cause problems if you establish yourself as her breadwinner with or without putting a ring on it

yeah she is very gainfully employed.......so am I

But I see your point........I'll have to think about this... :patrice:

Mac Brown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-town
Dope spot. Texas is a 50/50 state if you break up. I would buy the house in your name only, and make her keep a seperate address. Because if she moves in you might get treated as a common law marriage. Not sure when that transition occurs though.

She has an apt thats in her name that will still remain in her name (a relative of hers lives there)