Hot take: Class Act is better than House Party

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The only thing i don’t like about it is the fact that they act like all dark skins are corrupting all the light skin characters :francis:

But overall story and cast is just far more entertaining with more quotables. Who badder than Blade Brown?

Class Act (1992) Bully Wedge Gets Taken Out - YouTube

br82186

Superstar
Daps
It's meh, but the love interest in Class Act is badder than Tisha Campbell. Would also say House Party had the better soundtrack.

Would ask the question of which one had the better cast ensemble.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's meh, but the love interest in Class Act is badder than Tisha Campbell. Would also say House Party had the better soundtrack.

Would ask the question of which one had the better cast ensemble.

Feel like we’re just kind of trading Doug e Doug for Martin, but we got tommy in this movie:patrice:

TrapHouse Rock

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Would also say House Party had the better soundtrack.

WHAT!?! nahhhhh

Other than the LL song House party's sound track wasn't all that that corny lisa lisa song and funhouse? lol

even house party II's soundtrack was better with Rakim and Ralph tresvant

Class Act's you could listen str8 through didn't even feel like a compilation

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
WHAT!?! nahhhhh

Other than the LL song House party's sound track wasn't all that that corny lisa lisa song and funhouse? lol

even house party II's soundtrack was better with Rakim and Ralph tresvant

Class Act's you could listen str8 through didn't even feel like a compilation

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. Also though House Party 2 was better and funnier then the first one too.
The second movie took on a more serious tone and a bit somber due to it being dedicated to Robin Harris. It also was immersed into the black consciousness wave of the early 90’s. So the sequel had more of a direction and attempted to have more character building, which I liked for the most part….

But I don’t know if it’s funnier than House Party (Robin Harris and John Witherspoon bodied their scenes)..The Jamal character was annoying. I would say once they actually had the ‘house’ party in the sequel, the women in the sequel >>>> original.

Also, we are not going to disrespect ‘It Ain’t My Type of Hype’ when comparing soundtracks :birdman:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The second movie took on a more serious tone and a bit somber due to it being dedicated to Robin Harris. It also was immersed into the black consciousness wave of the early 90’s. Which So the sequel had more of a direction and attempted to have more character building, which I liked for the most part….

But I don’t know if it’s funnier than House Party (Robin Harris and John Witherspoon bodied their scenes)..The Jamal character was annoying. I would say once they actually had the ‘house’ party in the sequel, the women in the sequel >>>> original.

Also, we are not going to disrespect ‘It Ain’t My Type of Hype’ when comparing soundtracks :birdman:

And ain’t ths Kid n Play’s Most popular song? :patrice: