Hot Oil treatment???

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Although I wasn't @'ed, I'll add my $.02 anyway :smile:

Organic coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil as they both have molecules small enough to penetrate the shaft, strengthen and moisturize. Mix 1/2 & 1/2.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps

Organic coconut oil, extra virgin olive oil as they both have molecules small enough to penetrate the shaft, strengthen and moisturize. Mix 1/2 & 1/2.
Lol ur always welcome to post in my threads, thanks for the suggestion. Shld I heat up the mixture for the "hot" effect?

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
Lol ur always welcome to post in my threads, thanks for the suggestion. Shld I heat up the mixture for the "hot" effect?

Thank you, K.
Yes, heat is excellent to use: body heat + plastic conditioning cap + wrapped in a towel or conditioning cap + under a warm dryer for 20 minutes will give you a nice treatment. Then shampoo & condition.

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Thank you, K.
Yes, heat is excellent to use: body heat + plastic conditioning cap + wrapped in a towel or conditioning cap + under a warm dryer for 20 minutes will give you a nice treatment. Then shampoo & condition.
:skip: I dnt have a hair dryer and I thot u shampoo then hot oil then condition?

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
:skip: I dnt have a hair dryer and I thot u shampoo then hot oil then condition?

Improvise - Use your body heat. If you have heavy product in your hair i.e. beeswax, gel then, yes, shampoo first. Otherwise, apply H.O.T, Shampoo and Condition.

"I thot" - Lord have mercy :palm:

Lithe

All Star
Daps

I second this! If you don't have a dryer, they have conditioning caps at beauty supply stores that you could wear while the oil is on your hair. Let your body heat the oils up.

I wear one of those caps and sit under my bonnet attachment that's hooked up to my blow dryer. Sometimes I even do my own "steamer" treatment by soaking a turban towel in warm water, putting over my head with the oils on and wrapping it up like normal, then conditioning cap and go under the dryer for 10-20 munutes

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Improvise - Use your body heat. If you have heavy product in your hair i.e. beeswax, gel then, yes, shampoo first. Otherwise, apply H.O.T, Shampoo and Condition.

"I thot" - Lord have mercy :palm:
Aight I got you, lol yea I spell thought differently than most. @Lithe thanks :smile:

M'gann

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
@Lithe How often do you recommend doing a hot oil treatment?

I'm about 4 months natural and I've never done one, but I deep condition everytime I wash my hair.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
@Lithe How often do you recommend doing a hot oil treatment?

I'm about 4 months natural and I've never done one, but I deep condition everytime I wash my hair.

I do them every 2 weeks, or every week if I've used a waxy styling product because it's easier for me to finger detangle my dry hair with the oil in it.

Otherwise, I will do the hot oil treatment before I wash, because it makes the wash process easier. Then shampoo, then deep condition.

I also do a protein treatment (I like Aphogee keratin two minute reconstructor) if I feel like my curls aren't curling like they should! Usually after I've flat ironed, I do protein.

Edit: then follow up that protein with a moisturizing conditioner. My new favorite deep conditioner is Joico Moisture Recovery Balm! I use that on a day I have time to dedicate to really moisturizing my hair. My hair loves that stuff, even if my pocketbook doesn't! Haha! I have found it at TJ Maxx for $7.99 vs Ulta for $18.99. I'm also fortunate to have cosmetologists for friends, so they have access to products at prices regular consumers do not.

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
How To Do a Hot Oil Treatment on Natural or Transitioning Hair

A list of some of the best oils for natural hair.
I would tell you my routine but i literally have like 40 diff types of oils and like 20 conditioners that i use depending how i feel plus i make my own products. Theres this video of this girl making a super intense hot oil treatment that i used before but i cant find it. Ill post when i do.
Nothing wrong with trying a diff oils and seeing which one works the best for you. If you need a good website with good pricing at me and ill i link some. Also look into the green house effect or or the baggy method.