Horizon Zero Dawn tv show no longer moving forward

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Showrunner got cancelled.

Scoop: Rolling Stone has learned that two of 'Umbrella Academy' showrunner Steve Blackman's projects that were in development at Netflix, a Horizon Zero Dawn series and an original series, Orbital, are no longer moving forward

This comes after Rolling Stone's huge article about the toxic workplace that was behind the scenes for The Umbrella Academy
Multiple staffers have accused 'THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY' showrunner Steve Blackman of fostering a toxic workplace by:
• Allegedly making lewd, sexist, homophobic and transphobic remarks
• Pitting staffers against each other
• Taking credit for other people's work
• Creating an environment of fear and distrust

I kind of feared netflix wouldn’t be able to make this work anyway considering the budget involved. Maybe they can ship it to Apple TV or just make it an anime series

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
tenor.gif

Justise M

Superstar
Daps
I play those games for the game play. They talk too much and I skip through the cut scenes

• Dap
Reactions: Why

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Last game I got into. Disappointing to read. I guess it’s too big of a budget for tv? fukk it, make a movie trilogy.

No, it’s because the showrunner is a scumbag. Sony will 100% push it somewhere else which might be the better outcome cause netflix wasn’t going to spend the money on it

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
No, it’s because the showrunner is a scumbag. Sony will 100% push it somewhere else which might be the better outcome cause netflix wasn’t going to spend the money on it
fukk Netflix anyway. They have the money but spend it on these shows that get cancelled after 2 seasons. :stopitslime:

Amazon should get it. They showed they have what it takes with Fallout and the Boys.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Horizon would work much better as a big budget animated series. I feel Arcane and Cyberpunk showed the path to take video game adapations. I don't think you can get something of fallout or TLOU quality with a live action horizon show

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Horizon would work much better as a big budget animated series. I feel Arcane and Cyberpunk showed the path to take video game adapations. I don't think you can get something of fallout or TLOU quality with a live action horizon show

The problem is animation still has a limited viewership ceiling. X-Men 97 felt like it was appointment tv to certain circles but when you look at the ratings its like 4th most watched show on disney this year, under stuff like echo. I bet its the same with castlevania and arcane compared to trash netflix shows.

I think sony want the most amount of viewership they can get even if the show isn’t on last of us level of quality.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The problem is animation still has a limited viewership ceiling. X-Men 97 felt like it was appointment tv to certain circles but when you look at the ratings its like 4th most watched show on disney this year, under stuff like echo. I bet its the same with castlevania and arcane compared to trash netflix shows.

I think sony want the most amount of viewership they can get even if the show isn’t on last of us level of quality.
Didn't those show and Invincible performed well in viewers? I guess what holds it back is getting the general audience because people are usually putt off by animation. However, I think these big budget animated projects can still draw a lot of viewers and revenue. I know it's a different animal, but look how much revenue spiderverse was able to generate.

Anyway, I think live action wise I don't think Horizon is that big of a pull, and it feels better suited for a big budget animated tv series

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Didn't those show and Invincible performed well in viewers? I guess what holds it back is getting the general audience because people are usually putt off by animation. However, I think these big budget animated projects can still draw a lot of viewers and revenue. I know it's a different animal, but look how much revenue spiderverse was able to generate.

Anyway, I think live action wise I don't think Horizon is that big of a pull, and it feels better suited for a big budget animated tv series

I also think people underestimate how long quality animation takes to produce. Arcane for example came out in 2021, its gonna 3 years before we get season 2 this November.

Thats why people keep complaining about the animation of Invincible, because they want to put out a Season every year.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I also think people underestimate how long quality animation takes to produce. Arcane for example came out in 2021, its gonna 3 years before we get season 2 this November.

Thats why people keep complaining about the animation of Invincible, because they want to put out a Season every year.
Yeah, it's not cheap, and even with something like anime you get complaints when they have to save budget and skimp on some episodes. I feel tough all around because could release a live action, but there's a bigger risk of not getting the green light for more season. Meanwhile, with an animiated series you have a better chance to tell your story or create scenes that aren't possible with the budget you get with live action.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, it's not cheap, and even with something like anime you get complaints when they have to save budget and skimp on some episodes. I feel tough all around because could release a live action, but there's a bigger risk of not getting the green light for more season. Meanwhile, with an animiated series you have a better chance to tell your story or create scenes that aren't possible with the budget you get with live action.

If we’re being real the best solution for horizon is just a 2 hour movie