Horizon Zero Dawn or Monster Hunter World?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'm finally gonna make the jump to this gen's gaming systems, and I was wondering which game is worth buying. These 2 games look similar., which one should I buy?

FYI, I'm mostly gonna play SP.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: both are not similar.....totally fukking different game.

Horizon is an open-world game focused on a deep story of a specific character (Aloy) and great mysteries, MH is more like a quest-based action-RPG with multiplayer, where up to 4 players can join a quest. The game story of every Monster Hunter is far from being the focus, usually just involving slaying, capturing or chasing away specific monsters that are a threat to the village.

HZD is one of the best game.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
You can do SP on both but man.. they're so fukking different.

I'd go with Horizon because there's no real barrier in that game. You progress really easily.

MHW has a lot of barriers of progression. You can't just put in an hour a day, you have to grind for resources to build better gear in order to progress.

I do SP on MHW and that shyt was a chore. By the end of the game you're a killing machine but you're weak pretty much 80% of the time, it's a false sense of power. New weapons still hit weak but go up maybe 10 hit points.

All that said, Horizon is all about the story. You'll feel powerful as fukk early on and throughout the game.

Get Horizon.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I love both and there's kind of an overlap but...... they're not that similar

MHW as a single player game is kinda doing yourself a disservice. Its still good, but you''d be missing out.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
from what I know, MHW is basically intended to MMO but can be a single player game. But it's pretty much targeted for people who want to do co op stuff in a big world.

HZD is for single player players who want an story with solid gameplay. If it was me, I would get HZD. Because if I had a PS4 there's def a decent amount of single player games out before I would consider MP games, and even a big one coming September in Spider Man.