Horace and Pete (Louis C.K. web series)

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Anyone check this out? It's got a hell of a cast (Steve Buscemi, Alan Ada, Jessica Lange, Edie Falco). It's more drama than comedy and episodes are released weekly.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'm gonna hold off for a while. i don't like this Louis dramedy shyt, it's all super depressing. I think his show is overrated, as episodes flop more often than they hit, but everyone dikkrides it no matter what. Baskets is also bumming me out.

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
i'm gonna hold off for a while. i don't like this Louis dramedy shyt, it's all super depressing. I think his show is overrated, as episodes flop more often than they hit, but everyone dikkrides it no matter what. Baskets is also bumming me out.
:manny: I like dark, self deprecating humor.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Agreed, Louie is so overrated

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Louie's good about half the time, but he's got everyone :cape:for him. Remember that half season long storyline with the Russian woman and her grandmother or whatever in an elevator? i don't even remember it and it was recent. People were all "you just don't get it man. Louie has free reign and he's just doing him, it doesn't have to be funny all the time!" stfu, don't talk to me like I'm stupid. that shyt wasn't entertaining.

H.J.Duck

Superstar
Daps
Just started watching this, the first episode was pretty good :ehh: interesting concept

edit. also, Alan Alda's character reminds me so much of Pat Cooper I'm beginning to think it's inspired him.

Last edited:

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I don't know if I think the show is "good", but Laurie Metcalf put on an acting clinic in that 3rd episode.

At first I was like "WTF am I watching, and before I knew it I had watched 20+ minutes in an instant".

Again, I don't think the show's good, but there are things that keep me interested in watching the next ep.

:yeshrug:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I just grabbed this off the torrents. hope it's good. I like the tv series louie, so I wonder if it will be similar except in a bar setting. the cast is strong, so I'll give it try.

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
I just grabbed this off the torrents. hope it's good. I like the tv series louie, so I wonder if it will be similar except in a bar setting. the cast is strong, so I'll give it try.

Not similar.

It's more like a play with no audience.