Hood Movie Tropes

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
Watched a few videos about common tropes in movies and couldn't find a good one on Hood movies.
What are some of the hood movie tropes y'all are tired of or notice in every 'hood movie?'
Mine are the tough-ass cop just doing his job :mjpls: and the fact that nikkas never make it out(too close to reality I guess) in most hood movies.

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
This doesn't answer your directly (but it's related). Music. Either it's some local rapper doing the soundtrack. Or some terrible R&B singer. Or they take a popular rap song and tweak the beat and rap over it.
or one of the nikkas in the movie really wants to be a rapper and is using the "film" to get his shine

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Them chaotic, cold opens at the start of the film, usually with the nikkas dodging bullets and runnin’ for their goddamn lives. Then a narration-led flashback starts as soon as they come to a crossroad.

Freeze-frameeee “.....now I know y’all wonderin’ how I got here.” :aicmon:

Last edited:

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Them chaotic, cold opens at the start of the film, usually with the nikkas dodging bullets and runnin’ for their goddamn lives. Then a narration-led flashback starts as soon as they come to a crossroad.

Freeze-frameeee “.....now I know y’all wonderin’ how I got here.” :aicmon:
Beat me to it.

The lame ass narration. This aint Scorcese