Honestly, Rosenberg and Cipha Sounds as Juan Epstein is>>>> Breakfast Club

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
I feel Breakfast Club got the better morning show then Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg. But when Ciph and Rosenberg are at their best with the Juan Epstein like interviews with our favorite artists and celebs, they shyt on the Breakfast Club something serious! I think the higher ups at Hot should allow them to do Juan Ep like interviews on the actual radio show. I know and understand it would have to be tighten up and not dragged out for the average listener, but for them to surpass the Breakfast Club, Hot 97 has to let Ciph and Rosenberg do them, at least on the interview tip.

thernbroom

Superstar
Daps
11855840_foh_free.gif

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The Juan Epstein style would be better, but wouldn't make a dent in the Breakfast Club ratings. BC has that Twitter audience. Their appeal is talking about hip hop in the shallowest way possible. That audience isn't going to be that interested in a hip hop head type of interview.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
charlamagne has his moments but he's like a less raw, "i'm trying too hard" version of Star, dude is annoying sometimes. and envy and angela are weak, they were always sidekicks for a reason. the breakfast club is more exciting than berg and cipha though, charlamagne trying to purposely say something eye raising is fun

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
The Juan Epstein style would be better, but wouldn't make a dent in the Breakfast Club ratings. BC has that Twitter audience. Their appeal is talking about hip hop in the shallowest way possible. That audience isn't going to be that interested in a hip hop head type of interview.
Yea your right. If they were going to incorporate the Juan Epstein like questions into a show, they would have to try and find a balance to cater to the regular/average listener, and the hip hop aficionado. It could be done, they just gotta balance those 2 audiences out.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
i like both but i'm a hip hop nerd so juan epstein speaks more to me. breakfast club is cool when i just wanna hear charlamagne clown someone.

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
charlamagne has his moments but he's like a less raw, "i'm trying too hard" version of Star, dude is annoying sometimes. and envy and angela are weak, they were always sidekicks for a reason. the breakfast club is more exciting than berg and cipha though, charlamagne trying to purposely say something eye raising is fun
Breakfast Club are good at what they do but they will forever be a 2nd rate lite version of Star and Buc Wild in my eyes. After getting that fire from Star and Buc when they were on Hot 97, its hard for me to say the BC is anything special.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Entirely different formats and mediums, can't compare a morning drive radio show to an hour long plus podcast...apples and oranges...Juan Epstein is better compared to Combat Jack podcast and the like...and it isn't any better than most long form interview rap podcasts

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Entirely different formats and mediums, can't compare a morning drive radio show to an hour long plus podcast...apples and oranges...Juan Epstein is better compared to Combat Jack podcast and the like...and it isn't any better than most long form interview rap podcasts
I know they are 2 different formats. All I'm saying is if they can add that Juan Eptein style of interviewing to their morning show, I think they'll be better off imo

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel Breakfast Club got the better morning show then Cipha Sounds and Rosenberg. But when Ciph and Rosenberg are at their best with the Juan Epstein like interviews with our favorite artists and celebs, they shyt on the Breakfast Club something serious! I think the higher ups at Hot should allow them to do Juan Ep like interviews on the actual radio show. I know and understand it would have to be tighten up and not dragged out for the average listener, but for them to surpass the Breakfast Club, Hot 97 has to let Ciph and Rosenberg do them, at least on the interview tip.

c/s...seem like they do more on the podcast then on the morning show

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I know they are 2 different formats. All I'm saying is if they can add that Juan Eptein style of interviewing to their morning show, I think they'll be better off imo
That's next to impossible though...what makes those long form podcasts like Juan Epstein special is that they don't have the same time constraints or structure and allows them to go way more indepth and on random interesting tangents and shyt...it's impossible for them to have an interview with Spitta going on and on about how he stole shyt out of KB Toy Store when he worked there in high school or how him and Styles P knocked out 10 songs in a night....when they got on average of 15 minutes worth of interview time max between songs and commercials...Breakfast Club would be totally different and better too if they had over an hour of uninterrupted interview time with guests...aint like Rosenberg or Cipha do anything special at all on Juan Epstein on their ends (like i said Combat Jack Show does the same thing but better), they just have longer time to let the guests talk...the last couple ones I've listened to (jada and spitta) they're struggling for shyt to ask the guests like 40 minutes in and then just end...and I'm left thinking how much doper the interview could've been if it wasn't by two fukking boring dorks like Rosenberg and Cipha