Honest Question For Y'all About Sports Gaming...

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
....so I FINALLY gave in and copped a PS4, right?

(As some of you know,) I have had a PS3 since the day it first dropped. All I EVER play is sports games (well...maybe some GTA), and specifically, college and pro football and basketball. So basically, four core games. I own others, but that's what 98% of my gaming time goes towards.

I always said I would NEVER give up my PS3 because you can't play NCAA Football on PS4 and you can't play NCAA Basketball on PS4, and nikka I ain't NEVER stopping playing those, shyt is RITUALISTIC at this point.

But I got to the point with the pro titles where downloading rosters just wasn't getting it done anymore. So the switch wasn't so much about graphics as it was about realism (as in, real rosters, not some clown's interpretation of what Zion "should look like").

All that said.... the joy that I got out of playing Madden 20 and NBA 2K20 all weekend led me to wonder what it is people seek out of these titles. Y'all on here AND many people in the public have shytted on BOTH games hardbody. The threads on here have been merciless...GameInformer ripped both titles....I hear the same complaints about gameplay not changing and VC points and bland MyCareer type storylines (like, how people shytted on QB1....nikka I was in nirvana playin that shyt yesterday, was tryinta play with EVERY college team on that hoe, just imagining a new NCAA game in 2020 :sadbron:)

I'm kinda immune to that stuff, though. Cause I don't do "build a player" or make mega-teams, I dont play Blacktop or even join leagues online much. I'm strictly playin the seasons and playoffs, or custom playoffs (nothing like '96 Bulls vs '12 Heat :wow:).

So what exactly DO y'all want or get outta sports titles? Making your own teams and players? Using current stars and teams? You ONLY like playing other people online? You ONLY like playing the season as constructed?

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Well you’re kind of one the upgrading a cell phone that you’ve had for 4 years type of perspective. You jut made a huge upgrade in your gaming when most of us cop every year

I haven’t played a sports game against the CPU in at least 10 years so all my complaints are about online

Monk

Rookie
Daps
Well you’re kind of one the upgrading a cell phone that you’ve had for 4 years type of perspective. You jut made a huge upgrade in your gaming when most of us cop every year

I haven’t played a sports game against the CPU in at least 10 years so all my complaints are about online
Basically this. You havent played the rest so dont know its been the same stuff for a long time now, its all new to you

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
What you do is dope and I do it too for the most part

the problem with 2k is that they keep crippling features in the game
not fixing the online servers, and they've marketed it toward mostly online play

so for people like us, where we play offline modes or career... the gameplay is effected for the park people
which snowballs down to offline mode and fukks up normal career games. Example: people will complain about
not making layups in online park. So they will patch that to make them better, but the regular mode suffers. Because now
you have 37 year old Tony Parker hitting layups over basically anyone he wants. They are only catering to what makes them money.

Its not a huge deal, but 90% of the time online is just poor sports and losers. So even when you hop on there, its just people crying all day.
So technically they are just catering to the worst part of the game where nobody will be happy.

2k has gotten smoother, and better animations... but overall its been crippled for all the people complaining. Great games offline though, I usually play like you do. Play some Myteam and check reddit for card codes... you can build a team and do the challenges.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It has gotten smoother but thats to be fukkin expected i pretty much stopped buyin 2k games cuz they clearly arent interested in makin the AI smarter or stoppin the ridiculous rubber band defense when u play on HOF

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
What you do is dope and I do it too for the most part

the problem with 2k is that they keep crippling features in the game
not fixing the online servers, and they've marketed it toward mostly online play

so for people like us, where we play offline modes or career... the gameplay is effected for the park people
which snowballs down to offline mode and fukks up normal career games. Example: people will complain about
not making layups in online park. So they will patch that to make them better, but the regular mode suffers. Because now
you have 37 year old Tony Parker hitting layups over basically anyone he wants. They are only catering to what makes them money.

Its not a huge deal, but 90% of the time online is just poor sports and losers. So even when you hop on there, its just people crying all day.
So technically they are just catering to the worst part of the game where nobody will be happy.

2k has gotten smoother, and better animations... but overall its been crippled for all the people complaining. Great games offline though, I usually play like you do. Play some Myteam and check reddit for card codes... you can build a team and do the challenges.
If u a offline player that’s why sliders are present. Make the game the way u like

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
....so I FINALLY gave in and copped a PS4, right?

(As some of you know,) I have had a PS3 since the day it first dropped. All I EVER play is sports games (well...maybe some GTA), and specifically, college and pro football and basketball. So basically, four core games. I own others, but that's what 98% of my gaming time goes towards.

I always said I would NEVER give up my PS3 because you can't play NCAA Football on PS4 and you can't play NCAA Basketball on PS4, and nikka I ain't NEVER stopping playing those, shyt is RITUALISTIC at this point.

But I got to the point with the pro titles where downloading rosters just wasn't getting it done anymore. So the switch wasn't so much about graphics as it was about realism (as in, real rosters, not some clown's interpretation of what Zion "should look like").

All that said.... the joy that I got out of playing Madden 20 and NBA 2K20 all weekend led me to wonder what it is people seek out of these titles. Y'all on here AND many people in the public have shytted on BOTH games hardbody. The threads on here have been merciless...GameInformer ripped both titles....I hear the same complaints about gameplay not changing and VC points and bland MyCareer type storylines (like, how people shytted on QB1....nikka I was in nirvana playin that shyt yesterday, was tryinta play with EVERY college team on that hoe, just imagining a new NCAA game in 2020 :sadbron:)

I'm kinda immune to that stuff, though. Cause I don't do "build a player" or make mega-teams, I dont play Blacktop or even join leagues online much. I'm strictly playin the seasons and playoffs, or custom playoffs (nothing like '96 Bulls vs '12 Heat :wow:).

So what exactly DO y'all want or get outta sports titles? Making your own teams and players? Using current stars and teams? You ONLY like playing other people online? You ONLY like playing the season as constructed?
Well sir, back in the day companies made games based on gameplay. They didn't come out every year, every new game brought something different, something new, something innovative. Nintendo ultimately created the gameplay you see today, Ken Griffey baseball set the standard in that genre, Kobe Bryant basketball brought NBA basketball away from the dpad and allowing combo moves/etc, SNES playaction football set the stage for 3d in that sport, NCAA basketball brought 3d to basketball. NHL Stanley cup till this day is the best hockey game I ever played (shout out to ice hockey and nhl 94)

What happened was after EA created a monopoly, other 3rd party companies can no longer compete. What's missing is first party titles in these fields. Only Sony with mlb the show, Microsoft and Nintendo have abandoned those genres (outside of the Mario versions) and I hope and pray they make a return. NCAA 2k20 might be a first party title next gen. NCAA just changed it rules so players can get paid off endorsements. Tbc...