Home Office / Gaming Chair Recommendations

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
I'm looking for a new home office chair. I was using a gaming chair and it's time to replace it.

What chairs are you brehs using? Are you all primarily using gaming chairs or home office chairs?

DonDadda

All Star
Daps
steelcase leap and herman miller aeron are the two top choices.

These racing style gaming specific chairs are a load of trash

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
Steelcase Leap. I wouldn't fw gaming chairs if you care about ergonomics, unless you do some heavy research.

I got a leap brand new. It's expensive but its pretty comfortable and the back is real supportive.

steelcase leap and herman miller aeron are the two top choices.

These racing style gaming specific chairs are a load of trash

Would it be best to order a Steelcase Leap from their website instead of Amazon?

On Amazon I noticed some customers have received either refurbished chairs and some have even received the wrong chair made by Steelcase.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Would it be best to order a Steelcase Leap from their website instead of Amazon?

On Amazon I noticed some customers have received either refurbished chairs and some have even received the wrong chair made by Steelcase.

I remember reading reviews that seemed too hit or miss for my comfort so I got mine straight from them. Their packaging made everything extremely easy, especially if you need to return it for anything

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I got mine off Amazon. Make sure the one you order says ship to and sold by amazon. That way you still get the 12 year all everything warranty and you also know its brand new.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Also keep in mind the leap's back support is phenomenal but the seat IMO is decently firm. If your sensitive to a firm seat might need to look elsewhere.

OM Yes chair is pretty customizable. If I didn't get the leap and if I didn't need the adjustable lumbar tension I would of went with that.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone else with the leap get the headrest?

I didn't get it on the one I purchased but when I went to a show room a couple months ago it had the headrest. I didn't get one with it because it was at that point I realized I don't sit in a way that would actually utilize a headrest. I tend to sit forward it looks pretty decent though but headrest are generally hit or miss. The steelcase gesture's headrest was a lot better but the back lumbar was a bit weaker. Gesture looks fire though aesthetically.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I use a waiting room chair. I can't do chairs with wheels - so you're usual office computer desk chair.

My chair is something like this...
big-and-tall-waiting-room-chair-Am-Steel_t.jpg

So if you prefer a fixed stationary chair. Get something like that.

DonDadda

All Star
Daps

I got my herman Miller aeron from a second hand store. It was refurbed but still good condition and a third of the retail price. I don't think the warranty is worth it since these are so well made to begin with. They would only break in an office environment where they are used by several people and constantly abused.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
If you wanna get inexpensive, grab a base from an office chair and mount a luxury auto from the junkyard to it.