Home gym pricing

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Any brehs have a home gym?

What you spend for all the necessary equipment (bench, adjustable bench,barbells, dumbbells, weights, lat pull setup, etc)

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I go to the gym but i also have a decent set up at home.

Bench, weights ranging from 5 to 45s, thise adjustable bowflex dumbells and a pull up/dip bar.

All in all i paid about $600 over time for everything. Well worth it

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I have a home gym, but ironically have stopped using it :snoop:

But you should be able to build a good home gym for like $1000. I got this cage:

Bought like 400lb of olympic weights and maybe 200lb of standard weights, and bars/handles/a bench etc. With a kid now though I don't have the time to workout at home. Wifey does though so she uses the equipment.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I bought my equipment from rogue fitness. I don't remember how much it cost. 2k? If I could do it again I would've gone elsewhere for everything except my olympic weightlifting bar. Very good quality but very expensive. They make things for actual gyms. I don't need anything that durable.

I have power blocks that go up to 90 lbs and I like them a lot. I've had them for almost 10 years now. Very durable. My only complaint is I bought fat gripz and they don't fit because of the design.

I have 2 squat racks, 2 olympic bars, 2 adjustable benches, 2 PowerBlocks, and a lying hamstring curl machine. I bought 2 of everything cuz my wife kept getting in the way and I figured we'd bond together in the gym... boy was i wrong. I wasted money on that shyt. She don't workout no more :martin:

I would've got a bowflex to do machine work instead of the second cage. Bowflex gets a lot of flak but I think they're an amazing value if you outfit your gym with the things i mentioned above.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I have a home gym, but ironically have stopped using it :snoop:

But you should be able to build a good home gym for like $1000. I got this cage:

Bought like 400lb of olympic weights and maybe 200lb of standard weights, and bars/handles/a bench etc. With a kid now though I don't have the time to workout at home. Wifey does though so she uses the equipment.

what room in the crib do you have it?

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
One of the bedrooms, we use the hell out of the garage

A room for the gym was one of the things we looked for when we were home shopping. Next house I want a basement :demonic:

I guess for context, I'm really asking if its an upstairs room, I made a mini gym upstairs mainly for my girl to use and I`ll use it if the weather is bad. I have an elliptical, powerblocks, and resistance bands. Was debating on getting a cage or at least a bench but wasn't sure how all that weight would be on the structure of the home. Ideally when ever I eventually upgrade my home I plan on having a basement.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I guess for context, I'm really asking if its an upstairs room, I made a mini gym upstairs mainly for my girl to use and I`ll use it if the weather is bad. I have an elliptical, powerblocks, and resistance bands. Was debating on getting a cage or at least a bench but wasn't sure how all that weight would be on the structure of the home. Ideally when ever I eventually upgrade my home I plan on having a basement.
Think about how heavy furniture is. Me + wifey + king size bed is probably 500-600lbs. No problems. I'd be a little weary about deadlifting but I deadlifted 325lbs for reps for weeks with no issues.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Think about how heavy furniture is. Me + wifey + king size bed is probably 500-600lbs. No problems. I'd be a little weary about deadlifting but I deadlifted 325lbs for reps for weeks with no issues.

It's mainly be for bench and shoulder workouts. Legs I'd probably still go to gym. IDK If I have enough space for a full cage.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
real talk with craiglist and gyms closing down you can feast for 800-1200....You really only need squat racks, olympic bar, about 300-400 in weights maybe a dumbbell, and that flat bench that also has the leg extension and pull up bar/dip station.