home Gym help

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brehs and Brehettes Im tired of paying gym fees when I dont even use a majority of the stuff there. But after watching empire last night some sense popped into me...Why not just do a home setup.

So I'm not looking for a full size gym just something to supplement my morning pt.

So give me some ideas I'm trying to stay under 2000.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
What exercises do you do

I am looking to do the same and have been tailoring my workouts to transition to simpler home equipment. All that's really needed is

- power cage w/hi/lo pulleys and dip/chin attachments- ~$1000
- decent flat bench- $400
- barbell + however many weights you need - $1/lb needed max

Theres some other shyt you can get if you want it... for example I would love a hamstring curl and rotator calf machine... but you can manage without that.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What does your morning pt consist of?

Regular military PT
Monday-Fartlek run---prior to I'll do CF
Tuesday-MSE-calisthenics-prior to I do 45-60 on the elliptical
Wed-Interval Run
Thursday-Some crosfit shyt
Friday-Long slow 4-8 mile run

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What exercises do you do

I am looking to do the same and have been tailoring my workouts to transition to simpler home equipment. All that's really needed is

- power cage w/hi/lo pulleys and dip/chin attachments- ~$1000
- decent flat bench- $400
- barbell + however many weights you need - $1/lb needed max

Theres some other shyt you can get if you want it... for example I would love a hamstring curl and rotator calf machine... but you can manage without that.

I do the normal I prefer Olympic lifting programs and use the C2 rower or elliptical I cant run 2 times a day. shyt has my shins dead.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
I been workign out at home since my membership expired and actually prefer it, no waiting around for equipment. Ive got a standard bench press and the olympic 45pound bar, plates, dumbbells, an ez-curl bar, and doorway pullup bar. I dont have the power rack so I cant squat, but I still deadlift which I prefer over the squat anyway

Eventually Ill get another membership so I can do some machines like the lat pulldown, standing leg curl and leg press, but for now the simplicity and free-weight only workouts work real well for me