Holy Cannoli! We’re On The Strive For Five! The Dynasty Rolls On! Golden State Warriors 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wiseman’s offensive game seems to have gotten better but he still looks lost defensively and does not know how to effectively block out still. When he has the size advantage he’s a bit better on the glass but as we saw with deandre Jordan if that advantage is no longer there he’s gonna get worked pretty badly on the boards.

Daps
Eh, I don’t think he’s a 5. I agree with everything else u say tho. Kuminga having to share the lions bulk of his mins with a bust is gonna hurt him. He actually played very well with the starters in the first quarter.
He's not a 5, but there are gonna be times where the Warriors need to go small, and he's more than equipped enough to battle guys around his size in the frontcourt, and then make them pay on the other end with his finishing ability. Essentially, whatever minutes he can get at any position is only a positive.

Ideally, he should be getting minutes at the 3 with the starters, but Wiggins is in his way (who to his credit has been playing well).

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
He's not a 5, but there are gonna be times where the Warriors need to go small, and he's more than equipped enough to battle guys around his size in the frontcourt, and then make them pay on the other end with his finishing ability. Essentially, whatever minutes he can get at any position is only a positive.

Ideally, he should be getting minutes at the 3 with the starters, but Wiggins is in his way (who to his credit has been playing well).
Fair enough. I can see this

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kuminga has a higher ceiling than Poole. He's the only young guy who has superstar potential on this squad. They need to work him in.

he has physical tools but he cant create his shot on the perimeter like poole can, hopefully he learns but thats probably a long ways off

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I need to see Poole getting some blame too. I know rotations arent perfect and all but he's held to a much different standard now. Also he's still a liability on defense and with Wiseman on the court its a serious problem.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
This

Wiseman is terrible, and made Deandre Jordan look like he hasn’t been terrible for 3 straight seasons, but Kuminga isn’t a 5. Have him at 3 or 4. Again, our center situation is still funny because our true 5 isn’t an NBA player.

He’s not skilled enough currently to play the 3 imo. Strictly a 4 at this stage of his development

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
OMG this long ass monologue about the Draymond-Poole altercation. we get it...

Doris Burke will NOT shut the fukk up

ESPN's coverage is straight ass. Wifey was like "when will that bytch STFU?"
:mjlol:

Never! ESPN is way too woke. I think the sucka ass play-by-play guy didn't want to interrupt a female, even thought that's literally his job.

Let half of an entire quarter go with no play-by-play.
:stopitslime:

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
Some ole fukking Kerr sticking with trash ass line ups too long and too late into the 4th
Gonna see a lot more of that this season. Gotta test these newbs and lineups in live game situations.

• Dap
Reactions: dza

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
I need to see Poole getting some blame too. I know rotations arent perfect and all but he's held to a much different standard now. Also he's still a liability on defense and with Wiseman on the court its a serious problem.

Yep. He ain't surprising anyone anymore now. Teams got the scouting report.

Being the primary offensive threat on the court isn't as fun as it sounds. Especially when you're on the court with 2-3 guys sipping Similac.

King Eros

Gold Blooded 🏆🏆🏆🏆
Daps
I understand and can excuse these young guys looking a little lost, or playing poorly...

But what I can't excuse is LOW ENERGY EFFORT. Especially defensively.

Don't make me come repo that unearned diamond-studded urn.
:birdman:
49813d96-bb13-46ff-9cab-e5b1cf8de73e-ANGLE4-4.jpg

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
JaMychal is bigger than Dray, and has rotated at the 5 throughout his career. Kuminga can be used in the frontcourt against ultra-small lineups (like when the Lakers had Bron and JTA in the frontcourt in the first game). They won't get hurt playing against guys similar in stature.

Kuminga has a higher ceiling than Poole. He's the only young guy who has superstar potential on this squad. They need to work him in.
You aren’t serious about Kuminga having a higher ceiling than Poole. He can’t shoot, can’t dribble, and has no IQ. When people say you can play multiple positions, that usually means you can’t play any one particularly well, which is the case with JK.

Too undersized to play big, too unskilled to be a true wing. He will be a decent player in the league but superstar potential? absolutely not. Not even close.

I also see Wiseman getting a lot of blame, when truth be told they couldn’t stop the Nuggets from the opening tip-off. They got whatever they wanted against the starters and the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.