Hollywood Reporter Picks The 10 Worst Films of 2018

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Critics from THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER pick the 10 worst movies of 2018 and some of their choices are kinda :what:
They did nail Gotti though. That movie was disgustingly bad.

1. Gotti
qP5ycPv.jpg

Poorly written, devoid of tension, ridiculous in spots and just plain dull in others. — JORDAN MINTZER

2. Robin Hood
GzF8q3x.png

Everyone involved in this mess should be required to perform some sort of public penance. — TODD MCCARTHY

3. Fifty Shades Freed
tT1x6bk.jpg

Freed rarely delivers the goods while trying hard to give fans what they came for...more money shots of sports cars, private jets and vacation homes and more attempts to turn what may be one of the duller couples to ever grace the screen into two captivating characters. For good measure, the filmmakers also toss in a butt plug. — JORDAN MINTZER

4. Life Itself
qDopTcH.jpg

Sends a classy cast down a multistrand narrative path that’s hopelessly schematic and self-important. — DAVID ROONEY

5. Venom
jc8vdnf.jpg

The only moment in Ruben Fleischer’s thoroughly irredeemable Marvel adaptation that makes you sit up and take notice comes at the 71-minute mark, when the sight of a disheveled, stubbly, sweaty and bloated Tom Hardy jolts you with the realization that here is the perfect actor to one day play Harvey Weinstein. — TODD MCCARTHY

6. The Nutcracker & The Four Rrealms
AYzygWw.jpg

So much attention has been lavished on the sumptuous visuals that the story and characters are suffocated. — DAVID ROONEY

7. Kings
805J9g1.jpg

But for all its honorable intentions to address sensitive issues that still sting, Kings is an unconvincing tonal patchwork.— DAVID ROONEY

8. 7 Days in Entebbe
2fcbKam.jpg

Among many clumsy touches are hackneyed cross-cutting in strategic action scenes and a lame romantic subplot between an Israeli special-ops soldier and his apprehensive dancer girlfriend — DAVID ROONEY

9. A Wrinkle in Time
fWoL8Ku.jpg

Only the faintest glimmers of genuine emotion pierce through the layers of intense calculation that encumber Ava DuVernay's adaptation of Madeleine L'Engle's fantastical 1962 book — TODD MCCARTHY

10. Suspiria
KU092ng.jpg

Guadagnino's approach is muted in both palette and tone, opting for insidious weirdness over shock and gore. — DAVID ROONEY

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I mean, Suspiria had a pretty over-the-top, wacky climax but it shouldn't be on this list. :yeshrug:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Suspiria and a wrinkle in time shouldn't bee on this list. 75% of google usere liked suspirisa and its got overall positive reception from critics as well. A wrinkle in time had weaker reception but it still isnt that bad if we are being b reality

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Most of this list feels like they forcefully threw titles on here that people might have actually seen. I mean, who would care about the actual 10 worst films if absolutely nobody had gone to see them because of how trash they were?

Basically, just another sad clickbait list.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Sunny on Amazon Prime is the worst of the year.

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Yup this list is what’s wrong with the internet and film culture in general in 2018. People want something to be mad at and hate. I’m good without it
Reminds me of when Twilight used to make these lists purely because internet dudebros hate anything for girls. Much like some of the films on this list, it wasn't a good movie but it had no business being anywhere near a "Worst of" list.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Reminds me of Twilight used to make these lists purely because internet dudebros hate anything for girls. Much like some of the films on this list, it wasn't a good movie but it had no business being anywhere near a "Worst of" list.

Yup. The twilight shyt in particular has always fascinated me and amused me lol. The movies are meant for a very specific audience and that audience loved those movies. Let them live and enjoy the shyt. Not everything is for everybody

reigun

Superstar
Daps
Yup. The twilight shyt in particular has always fascinated me and amused me lol. The movies are meant for a very specific audience and that audience loved those movies. Let them live and enjoy the shyt. Not everything is for everybody
Of the late 00s blockbusters, I'll take the Twilight series over Transformers. At least Twilight doesn't regard its audience and subject matter with near total disdain and contempt.

Even without having seen them, I can tell you right now Venom and A Wrinkle in Time at the very least probably don't belong here.