HL's Official Mass Shooting Discussion Thread

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Seeing as mass shooting are becoming more prevalent again, my vision for this thread is to essentially centralize, document and mirror mass shootings as they occur.

Hypothetically as sickening as it sounds, this will serve as a quick reference point in time, where someone could essentially look back to see what sentiment on an incident was, much like the student loan discussion thread:

With that said, despite the many incidents that have already occurred this year, this thread will have a prospective take moving forward, from 6/3/2022.

Be safe everyone and cherish those moments with loved ones.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I hate to say it but it does feel like this thread is necessary. I've talked more in the last two weeks about shootings than at any other point in my life. I don't know why that is given we've had worse death tolls. Like, I've pored over details about Buffalo and TX in a way I never have. I distinctly remember Charleston upsetting me since I spent some time there but even that I was able to force out of my mind at some point. But now I really don't understand the lack of urgency to address this. I don't get the political impotence. Even beyond the spectacle of the "mass" shootings I'm like, really, the accumulated smaller daily shootings aren't pissing people off? I think it was between 20 gun deaths in Chicago/Philly last weekend alone.

:camby: you got your own thread for that shyt....
:mjlol: Not sure if they were asking in bad faith but I have heard it defined differently. Not that it really matters at this point so I get shutting that down.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I hate to say it but it does feel like this thread is necessary. I've talked more in the last two weeks about shootings than at any other point in my life. I don't know why that is given we've had worse death tolls. Like, I've pored over details about Buffalo and TX in a way I never have. I distinctly remember Charleston upsetting me since I spent some time there but even that I was able to force out of my mind at some point. But now I really don't understand the lack of urgency to address this. I don't get the political impotence. Even beyond the spectacle of the "mass" shootings I'm like, really, the accumulated smaller daily shootings aren't pissing people off? I think it was between 20 gun deaths in Chicago/Philly last weekend alone.

:mjlol: Not sure if they were asking in bad faith but I have heard it defined differently. Not that it really matters at this point so I get shutting that down.

It matters when we get to addressing the issue.

We need a proper diagnosis for a proper treatment.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

It's pretty simple.

There's a very, very large population of white voters that believe in Replacement Theory and shyt like that and that they're under attack from black and brown people. These types are paranoid and stockpile lots of guns, and therefore are vehemently against gun control. They're a a large part of the GOP base, maybe the majority, so Republicans are going to block any gun control legislation off GP. You can't get anything past the Senate without getting at least 1/3rd of Republicans on board, so that's where we are. Same story different decade.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
It's pretty simple.

There's a very, very large population of white voters that believe in Replacement Theory and shyt like that and that they're under attack from black and brown people. These types are paranoid and stockpile lots of guns, and therefore are vehemently against gun control. They're a a large part of the GOP base, maybe the majority, so Republicans are going to block any gun control legislation off GP. You can't get anything past the Senate without getting at least 1/3rd of Republicans on board, so that's where we are. Same story different decade.

what strikes me as odd is that the 3letter boys refuse to keep an eye on these loons, and the US won't deem Replacement Theory as a terrorist ideology. But remember what happened after 9/11? Folks were getting scrapped up and turned into packs just for looking muslim. We're in for a rough year and a half because we're in campaign season and we'll have a bunch of radical conservative politicians promoting domestic terrorism at these rallies. They'll go back to their homes safe and sound while they're racist supporters create a front line.

I believe in improving gun regulation; however, i want access to the same arsenal these racist mfs have....so I'm conflicted

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It's pretty simple.

Oh I believe 100% this has every bit to do with racial paranoia and have been making that argument. Been watching and reading a lot of stuff on 2A and NRA history over the last few weeks. Both are rooted in racist nonsense. And to your second point maybe it sounds naïve but nuke the filibuster. Let the chips fall where they may. Although I guess you could argue in practice Dems still don't have a simple majority with those 2 defectors.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
One of the first things we need to do is decide on what constitutes a "Mass shooting" ...
You trolling lmao :russ:. I just saw your thread. C'mon man, do better:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
285447138_10160943870811800_7889851369240517777_n.jpg

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
If this thread had been created in 2012, it would have been amazing. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

It's happened so much now. That it's become numbing.

Commpn sense gun laws like 30-day background checks would have delayed if not prevented the recent Oklahoma shooting.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
If this thread had been created in 2012, it would have been amazing. Hindsight is 20/20 though.

It's happened so much now. That it's become numbing.

Commpn sense gun laws like 30-day background checks would have delayed if not prevented the recent Oklahoma shooting.
Definitely it's a long time coming.

Here's our first entry in Philadelphia, with 14 shot and 5 believed to dead so far.:

I haven't had a chance to personally piece together what happened yet, but in the coming days will have a greater idea of how and what public perception believe transpired.

Those who may know, I'm a data analyst, so I'm thinking about using data from this thread as a running documentation as well. Like unofficial project.

As always be safe everyone, remember to tell people who are important to you, that you love them. :salute:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Here's our first entry in Philadelphia, with 14 shot and 5 believed to dead so far.:

I haven't had a chance to personally piece together what happened yet, but in the coming days will have a greater idea of how and what public perception believe transpired.

Those who may know, I'm a data analyst, so I'm thinking about using data from this thread as a running documentation as well. Like unofficial project.

As always be safe everyone, remember to tell people who are important to you, that you

As always be safe everyone, remember to tell people who are important to you, that you love them. :salute:

https://twitter.com/shanermurph/status/1533467526448947201 @shanermurph: #Philadelphia JUST IN: Video alleging to show the conflict which erupted into shooting on South Street last night. https://t.co/qwfXhbVY6y