Mr. Negative

Can't change overnight like Ebenezer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
Is rap in a recession right now?

shyt's burned out.

people consume music differently, labels don't have a new trend to shark therefore there's nothing for them to push, folks barely cared about the old trends the labels copied and pushed.

sales gonna be down til you get another "omg it's a plant" grassroots movement. Folks think sales spiked during this year's beef because nikkas love or hate Drake, but really it was because folks is bored and wanna hear top tiers spit bars and bury nikkas.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
What goes around, comes around…

Drake’s old albums were creeping back on charts when he dissed but now Kendrick’s old stuff is creeping back on the charts…

Wow.

I had just graduated 9 years ago too. So much happened in between those years

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Don’t see how people can even keep up with what’s dropping
Honestly. I open up my YouTube music and see an album from an artist that I like that dropped randomly... on a Sunday, let alone albums that drop on Friday.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Look at the rest of the charts. The same songs have dominated the summer, and the same albums are selling. Song wise for rap, Not Like Us has been dominating on the charts since May. The rest of the top 10-15 is also largely dominated by pop or country songs that came out months ago: the Shaboozey bar song, Expresso, Million Dollar Baby, Morgan Wallen songs, Chappell Roan songs, Saturn by SZA, etc. I don't think that's a bad thing, it just means that big albums didn't really come out this summer and instead songs from the spring mainly dominated.

That's 10 consistent hit songs that most people remember. Pretty impressive in any year IMO. And now that the 4th quarter is approaching, the big artists will come out to play with albums. Kendrick, Drake, possibly Rihanna, etc.