Hey guys, sorry it took so long to update.

ellessij

All Star
Supporter
Daps
There's quite a lot to update you guys on but first I'd like to say thank you to everyone for the kindness, encouragement and sincerity in trying to help me. It means the world to me and I truly, truly appreciate all of you.

After getting to Tobago and settling in, things turned around amazingly. I honestly think I had a lot on my plate and have been an emotional mess since my sister passed away that this incident made me lose my courage briefly. After 2 weeks at my new job (which I absolutely love), I started discussing the incident with my son and with a new friend I have made here. I realized that I'm not a coward, many times I've been faced with adversity and many times I conquered it. I have never been scared for my physical safety before and that also threw me off but honestly guys, I have worked too hard and for too long for a man to throw me out of my home.

I went back home with my friend, she helped me pack up. I called my ex-husband and told him I would be changing my number and will see him in court in regards to our son. Family court, after explaining the situation extensively have expedited my case and hopefully we will be in court by April. My ex-husband has been apologizing profusely saying he needs to control his drinking and he just lets his anger control him and every band aid for every cut he can think of. After sitting back, getting control of my emotions and praying, I really got a hold of the situation.

I will be staying in Tobago. It's a lot safer than Trinidad, MUCH safer. The school I teach at has plenty of room for growth and the "politics" don't exist like Trinidad. I did file for my Canadian visa, hopefully they're a lot nicer than the US and let me come hang out there. A fellow teacher showed me some teaching information to teach in Dubai as well. Options are endless. Thank God. I would not have had those weeks to compose myself, or the motivation or courage to move on from this without the help of my coli fam and again, I am truly, TRULY grateful.

Some pics of Tobago:

25thlrl.jpg

My handmade bathing suit. I actually got like 4 of these sold so far. It's a bit skimpy but they're super cute and cheap to make. I can send pics to any coli female interested. Thanks so much ladies and brehs. REALLY. Thank you to all of you especially @Spotlessmind @Express @SJUGrad13 @Atsym Sknyfs @SouthSac916 @agnosticlady @Ooh Marty @VFib @Milk N Cookies :hug:

Last edited:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
:whew: So glad that ur doing okay.
Ugh and I'm so jealous of ur scenery but lord knows after all you and ur son has been through you deserve whatever happiness you can find. I know waking up to that every morning would make me happy lol.
I hope everything works out for you :hug:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a beautiful thing the Coli did. :mjcry:

I love this site, flaws and all. I'm happy you're doing well and realized how strong you had to be to persevere through all that.

Hope you and your son keep doing well.