here's what i dont get about Pawn Stars

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
ok they call in an expert to verify the authenticity of what...halle berry's colon

the expert comes in and says yes, thats definitely her colon. gotta be worth at $15000 retail. so youre like fukk yea 15 g's

heres where it goes awry for me:

after the expert leaves, you stand there and let those fukks talk you down to 3500

????

why not then talk to the expert about where to sell it? if hes an expert, then he knows the markets where it can be sold correct?

if an expert told a real person something like that, anybody sensible person would be done talking to the pawn brokers immediately. im following the expert out the store breh

thats why they cant shake that staged look even though we know its staged

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
ok they call in an expert to verify the authenticity of what...halle berry's colon

the expert comes in and says yes, thats definitely her colon. gotta be worth at $15000 retail. so youre like fukk yea 15 g's

after the expert leaves, you stand there and let those fukks talk you down to 3500

????

why not then talk to the expert about where to sell it? if hes an expert, then he knows the markets where it can be sold correct?

if an expert told a real person something like that, anybody sensible person would be done talking to the pawn brokers immediately. im following the expert out the store breh

then they would have no show :manny:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast

????

when they say that, its the highest auction price u could possibly get.

say its a old toy and they bring in the toy guy and he says its worth 6,000. if u took it to an auction and the crowd was really good with a lotta back and forth u could get 6,000. but then u could get 2,000 if the crowd is bad.

the pawn guys know this so they can't pay too high in case they don't get the high price. or they'll sell it directly to a buyer and get more.

running a profitable pawn shop is hard as shyt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Because you can only get that price if you have a store or auction to put it in.

No ones gonna buy hallie berry's colon from a dude off the street, especially for top dollar.

You have to figure if these people are even at the pawn shop they've already had problems selling the items, and if you put it in an auction your not guaranteed to get anything.

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok

????

Because the pawn store has the advantage on sitting on it until it sells. Most people who pawn stuff need money quickly. Even if it it is appraised at 15,000 the pawn store will sell for less.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
then they would have no show :manny:
i guess thats my point. fukk the experts. just talk people down and let the meltdowns be more epic.

i mean its a cool show i guess i should leave well enough of alone but that part breaks the illusion for me

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
i guess thats my point. fukk the experts. just talk people down and let the meltdowns be more epic.

i mean its a cool show i guess i should leave well enough of alone but that part breaks the illusion for me

at least for me, its interesting when the experts come in and explain the history/significance of the item. if u want melt downs watch hardcore pawn :huhldup:

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
when they say that, its the highest auction price u could possibly get.

say its a old toy and they bring in the toy guy and he says its worth 6,000. if u took it to an auction and the crowd was really good with a lotta back and forth u could get 6,000. but then u could get 2,000 if the crowd is bad.

the pawn guys know this so they can't pay too high in case they don't get the high price. or they'll sell it directly to a buyer and get more.

running a profitable pawn shop is hard as shyt.

Also if you put it inauction that comes at a price. So even if it sells for 6,000 the auction is gonna take a cut of that