Help with lagging body parts and flexibility

brick james

John piffington
Daps
I just started lifting again after 3 years on with coaching and 18 months off, and have pretty much done nothing at all for that time period. So I know really good form, and am just having trouble executing.

My very first day low bar squatting last week, I worked up to a 1rm of 315 with good form, kept my back tight, hips below knee, and exploded up, and thought I could do more. I go to the gym today, trying to do 225 x 8, and am pretty much finding it impossible to hold the bar for a long period of time because I really cant reach behind me to grab the bar, and am having trouble keeping my back tight at the bottom-middle of the lift (below parallel to parallel). Pretty much same thing with BP, my 225 1rm form is good and I could definitely do a lot more (5'8, wide shoulders, short arms :blessed:) but I cant keep my back tight or arched during my sets of 165x8 due to fatigue and flexibility issues. I think my lower back and my core are disproportionally weak, because I'm even having trouble keeping my abs tight during tricep pullsdowns and my back and core tight during standing DB rows, (the only 2 exercises I've done besides DL, BP , and squat).

I've only lifted 3 times in the last year, all last week, and all I know for sure is I don't wanna get injured. I am already taking it light and stretching but what type of changes do I make to my lifting routine.

:feedme:

brick james

John piffington
Daps
I should add my PL coach from before pretty much said lift with less than perfect form at 60-70% of 1RM until lagging body parts catch up, but that shyt sounds dangerous because my lower back is already taking a beating

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny
the only way to get more flexible is just to do it breh. stretch...all the time, thats the only way. u could get more advanced and try yoga or something for some guidance, but the only way to get better is to do it...alot

personally , i like getting alot of streching out of the wa in the sauna... its a nice peaceful spot, that makes it easier for me