Help with at home workout

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I'm trying to work out more, and with 2 kids going to the gym takes too much effort to go as much as I should.
I'd like to work out every day. I have no equipment at home.

Can you brehs/brehettes recommend any workout routines?

For some body background, im 6ft and 235 lbs. Id like to lose about 15-20 lbs over the coming months.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Big questions....

How much space do you have, and are you trying to just lose weight or gain/maintain muscle too? I can do my full workout at home. I have this rack

with weights and a bench and I have a bike on a roller like this

You can def get right with like 1/2 hour per day. You gotta get your diet on point too tho

Dank Hill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Powertec Workbench Multi System WB-MS15 with Isolateral Arms
powertech-home-gyms.jpg

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Man... We were house hunting last year, and this townhouse we were looking at, the dude selling had one of these in the basement and was willing to throw it in... LOL I was about to buy just based off that until my wife calmed me down
There are some cribs out here with basements

Im so jealous. I need the room for more equipment :mjcry:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
There are some cribs out here with basements

Im so jealous. I need the room for more equipment :mjcry:

Well it wasn't a basement, per se... There's not a lot of those around here, particularly the newer builds. The garage was on the first floor, but the main living quarters (kitchen, living room, bedrooms, etc.) were on the upper two levels. Nothing on the first floor but a garage and a bonus room where son had the exercise equipment. Our friend has a older house not far from us that he paid cash for after leaving the Bronx, an older crib, and it has a full basement. He had turned it into a living quarters for his moms when she was living.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Well it wasn't a basement, per se... There's not a lot of those around here, particularly the newer builds. The garage was on the first floor, but the main living quarters (kitchen, living room, bedrooms, etc.) were on the upper two levels. Nothing on the first floor but a garage and a bonus room where son had the exercise equipment. Our friend has a older house not far from us that he paid cash for after leaving the Bronx, an older crib, and it has a full basement. He had turned it into a living quarters for his moms when she was living.
Where I live is really hilly.... our house could have a basement if we want, the crawl space is deep enough. The house I grew up in in NYC had one and I miss it

But yea that would be the perfect spot for a gym. Right now I have my setup in a bedroom. It mostly works

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Where I live is really hilly.... our house could have a basement if we want, the crawl space is deep enough. The house I grew up in in NYC had one and I miss it

But yea that would be the perfect spot for a gym. Right now I have my setup in a bedroom. It mostly works

Right now the extent of my home workout setup is on my screened in porch in the back. Not big, but all I have out there is a bench and my powerblock dumbbells, and my bodylastics bands. I had thought about adding to it, but I like going to the gym, and that's really enough to suit my needs.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Big questions....

How much space do you have, and are you trying to just lose weight or gain/maintain muscle too? I can do my full workout at home. I have this rack

with weights and a bench and I have a bike on a roller like this

You can def get right with like 1/2 hour per day. You gotta get your diet on point too tho

I didn't know racks were that inexpensive. I guess buying all the weights adds up, though. How much did your weights run you, if you don't mind me asking.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I didn't know racks were that inexpensive. I guess buying all the weights adds up, though. How much did your weights run you, if you don't mind me asking.
I bought all my weights from Academy sports. I'd guess I spent like $500 altogether on weights and another $1000 on racks and benches. I have 2 barbells, 390lbs of Olympic plates and about 250lbs of standard plates with little barbells and dumbbell handles. I'm low key on the hunt for a hack squat rack for wifey but I gotta buy that used

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I'm trying to work out more, and with 2 kids going to the gym takes too much effort to go as much as I should.
I'd like to work out every day. I have no equipment at home.

Can you brehs/brehettes recommend any workout routines?

For some body background, im 6ft and 235 lbs. Id like to lose about 15-20 lbs over the coming months.
DDP Yoga

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Good news. You don't need a gym to lose weight. Just start eating less and you will lose weight. To speed up the process go for a walk at least an hour everyday and you'll see the weight start coming off. You really gotta watch your diet though. Focus on getting that right. Try to find physical activities you can do with your kids. You can buy a kettlebell or two and theres a bunch of good routines you can do with those or get yourself a pair of dumbbells. Eventually you will need to get some heavy weights to really build muscle but if you're just trying to lose weight keep it simple and build momentum. If you have no equipment at all or room for any go on Youtube and find some bodyweight routines. Losing weight is all about diet.