Help me pick a car to purchase

which whip shall I cop

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens

What's the problem? I'd rock this over a camry any day of the week and dude said he only wanted to spend 20 g's or so.

legacy15-side47.jpg

It's a dope car.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
The BMW is the obvious choice if performance and style is what you are looking for. Especially since it only cost $4K more than the cheaper alternatives you listed.

But you have to think of the major scheduled maintenances that may be coming up on the BMW. Can you afford them? Maintenance on german cars isn't cheap. :ufdup:

Camry is a fine and reliable car and has good resale value. Jetta too but not as great as that of the Camry

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Find a cheaper camry. Hell if you go to a desperate dealer, you might be able to get a new one for around 19k. It is tax season after all.. You can find the same deals with Altimas & Accords
don't get caught up in the wanting to stunt shyt
and jettas are a bytch to maintain as well

You ain't gonna find no desperate dealer during tax season. They all eating right now. Any hood in America full of whips with paper tags right now with nikkas who just cashed that check and ran str8 to the car lot.

Them dealers won't be hurting till like May-June

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Dont buy american whatever you do. Dont get gassed, american cars are still trash.

:stopitslime:
nikka plenty of American cars just as if not more reliable than BMW or VW. I'd hop in a used GM whip with good service records but no warranty but ain't no way in hell I'd push a BMW or VW that's not under warranty. Some of the best engines of the last 20 years have been American. The 3800 Series are tanks. So are the LS4's and the Hemi 5.7 motor is solid as fukk too. And it's not my flavor but Ford Focus and Fusion go toe to toe with any comparable import when it comes to fuel economy and reliability

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
A Camry? :why:

As a 30 year old grown man? :mjcry:

Bro, you can get a 2012/2013 Ford F-150 for $20K with low miles. Reliable truck with multiple utility.

Or a 2013 Dodge Challenger for $20K with low miles. Fun car to drive. American, so cheap parts.

Or nicely equipped 2013 Nissan Maxima for $20K with low miles. Well put together for the price.

But a Camry? As a 30 year old dude, I couldn't do it. Spend your money like a man! :smugdraper:

Peace

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....

Bro, you can get a 2012/2013 Ford F-150 for $20K with low miles. Reliable truck with multiple utility.

Or a 2013 Dodge Challenger for $20K with low miles. Fun car to drive. American, so cheap parts.

Or nicely equipped 2013 Nissan Maxima for $20K with low miles. Well put together for the price.

But a Camry? As a 30 year old dude, I couldn't do it. Spend your money like a man! :smugdraper:

Peace

:why:

Yall so corny
Challenger and trucks are terrible every day cars. A 20k challenger will will probably be a Slower than a Camry. Not to mention it will drive like a boat :why:

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA

Peace

This the Coli tho bro. Only on here do you see what are supposed to be Black men with 20 racks to burn on a car actually entertain buying something like a 3 Series or a Jetta.

You can't go wrong with any of the whips you listed. If I had 20 racks to burn on a car I'm cashing out on a used Pontiac G8 then dropping about another rack for some minor mods like a CAI and nice cat back. Then I'm taking the 5-6 racks that's left and putting it in the bank. Or if I just had to have something newer I'd get that new Impala.

When these car threads come up it kinda makes me believe that this site is full of white boys masquerading as nikkas like some folks say it is.

PhillyBirds215

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
want reliable? get a japenese whip, honda/toyota/nissan, you can ride those for damn near 300K miles.
nissan is actually nowhere near as reliable as the other two.

@2stainz get a honda or toyota because those cars depreciate very very slowly. so if you say bought a 2011 honda accord (which are clean btw) with about 30k miles for like 14k$, by the time you finished paying it off and it has like 100k miles on it or 90k, you could still sell the car as a private party for 8 or 9 thousand dollars!

plus on hondas bigtime maintenance wont appear before 100k miles or sometimes even 150k, just goto edmunds.com and read reviews on any cars specific year model to see the common problems on them.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
:why:

Yall so corny
Challenger and trucks are terrible every day cars. A 20k challenger will will probably be a Slower than a Camry. Not to mention it will drive like a boat :why:

You actually got the nerve to call nikkas corny when you defending these girl ass whips. I don't know any Black men in real life that want or would even drive those types of cars. Yeah the Challenger is heavy as fukk but there are plenty of American whips that are lighter and will put up numbers at the track