Help me help a Friend with a starting point.

talamak

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My friend just realized that he is :flabbynsick: status. He wants me to come up with a beginning work out plan for him and ain't can't lie I don't know where to tell him to start. I basically started with someone else years ago and I don't know where to tell him to start. Dude is like 6'0 and weights 248lbs and wants to get to 220 by October.

What is a good 3 day plan for this guy to start?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The way he talks, it seems that it is scaling, but he wants to hit the weights.

I'm going to save you some time and energy. You really can't help someone by proxy. This is coming from someone who was a personal trainer and a substance abuse counselor. Its great that you want to help him but the reality is he needs to get help for himself because you'll never have enough critical information. The reality is by the time you get enough information on him such as his day to day diet, motivation, workouts, strengths and weaknesses then you might as well do your own studying through the net and at local bookstores enough to become certified.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
If he wants to do it right, there's a lot for him to learn. He has to learn all the major movements if he has no experience in the gym, and he absolutely has to learn how to count calories and manage macros. Probably wouldn't hurt to learn how to cook either.

To get him down to the weight he wants I would teach him how to count calories. Once he gets a handle on that and learns how to manage calories dropping that weight should be no problem. 6' 250lbs with no lifting experience... he's gonna need to drop a lot more than 20-30 though. But starting at that high of a weight, he can literally turn fat to muscle no problem. Long road ahead for dude but if he's smart about it he can do big things.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@talamak

how are you? where are you at with your goals and such? Really you could just be his right hand man and go to the gym with him, eat right basically be a good role model and he'll copy off of you the best he can and make it his own....birds of a feather flock together so if your on the right path and he's your boy he can be on the right path too. Ya'll can motivate and push each other. You call him up like "ay lets go to the gym", he calls you etc.