Help me get my Lat Pulldown weight up

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
I struggle with pull/chin ups too :sadcam:

How much y'all doing on WIDE grip and for what reps.

And how much y'all doing with CLOSE grip and for what reps.

I got sick twice within the past 2 months and missed back week twice :to:

But my LAT PULLDOWN/PULL/CHIN-up game is struggling brehs.

My dead-lift and row/ dumbbell row aint bad though :manny:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Only thing to it is to do it

Lats recover fast... they are a huge muscle..... dont tell me u on some ol hippie once a week bullshyt..... hit them lat pulldowns/chins like 3-4 times a week. And dont be afraid to use straps or use an ideal grip width. Wide vs narrow grip is bullshyt, pick 1 width that gives you the most range of motion (not too wide) without hurting your wrists (not too narrow)

I was up to 3x10x230 on lat pulldowns before I started my cut

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Lat Pulldown is one of those exercises I tend to after if hit back pretty hard already. I care more about the contraction than the weight moved.

Pulls and chins you just gotta do them. Once I could get consistent 10-12 reps I started doing weighted variations for 5x5.

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
I do lat pulldowns 5 times a week and increase weight once a week. 10 reps, 5 sets.

Only way you'll get the weight up is by increasing the damn weight. For me slightly wider than shoulder width is comfortable.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Also I wouldn't put much thought into what other people say they can do because form varies so much. I see people consistently coming of the seat for leverage. As long as you are getting a good contraction with minimal momentum from movement that is likely the best route.

qwicknezz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also I wouldn't put much thought into what other people say they can do because form varies so much. I see people consistently coming of the seat for leverage. As long as you are getting a good contraction with minimal momentum from movement that is likely the best route.
word, i hate that shyt, muthafukkas turning lat pulldowns into a full body exercise lol

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
I workout at home so I can only do pullups :to: but that slow and controlled pullup pump though :wow:

Only thing to it is to do it

Lats recover fast... they are a huge muscle..... dont tell me u on some ol hippie once a week bullshyt..... hit them lat pulldowns/chins like 3-4 times a week. And dont be afraid to use straps or use an ideal grip width. Wide vs narrow grip is bullshyt, pick 1 width that gives you the most range of motion (not too wide) without hurting your wrists (not too narrow)

I was up to 3x10x230 on lat pulldowns before I started my cut
3-4 times a week really? I only do once a week, tried p/p/l off p/p/l but i dunno im not really feeling 6 days a week. im on a 4 day split work everything once a week

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Can't remember the last time I did lat pulldowns consistently...pullups breh...just do em. 2 every 10 minutes for a hour. Work your way up. :yeshrug:

And if you can't do that, do negatives. Jump to the top of the rep and go down as slow as possible.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
im on a 4 day split work everything once a week

giphy.gif

U can do more, that once a week shyt is over over, everyone who knows ya told ya. Hit everything at least twice a week, three times for lagging parts.

U dont have to go 6 days a week... just do an upper lower split instead of push/pull etc. Antagonizing supersets (i.e. supersetting a push move with a pull move) will be your friend. At the minimum hit laggin body parts twice a week. I hit arms 3x/week and saw nice gains. U dont have to do a lot each day either. 1-2 movements per body part is enough.

Daps
I struggle with pull/chin ups too :sadcam:

How much y'all doing on WIDE grip and for what reps.

And how much y'all doing with CLOSE grip and for what reps.

I got sick twice within the past 2 months and missed back week twice :to:

But my LAT PULLDOWN/PULL/CHIN-up game is struggling brehs.

My dead-lift and row/ dumbbell row aint bad though :manny:
whats your workout routine? if your not doing your lat pull downs first that might be the issue. and how long have you been working out? if for a while then strength gains come slow

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
whats your workout routine? if your not doing your lat pull downs first that might be the issue. and how long have you been working out? if for a while then strength gains come slow

Chest/Biceps day #1 @ Gym

Shoulders/Triceps day #2 @ Gym

Back/Legs day #3 @ Gym

In gym for 1 hour and 15 minutes-20 minutes

Been lifting since age 15 but just started out again about 20-22 weeks ago.

I got some tips from a guy who did the whole 260 stack for 10 reps last night though. I got the formula down from him for how to achieve a better weight set on it. I mean, it goes for all muscles but for some reason my lat pull-down / chin up game is whack compared to my other muscles. My rows are good and dead-lift but my lat pull down/chin-up is Larry Holmes status :to:

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Chest/Biceps day #1 @ Gym

Shoulders/Triceps day #2 @ Gym

Back/Legs day #3 @ Gym

In gym for 1 hour and 15 minutes-20 minutes

Been lifting since age 15 but just started out again about 20-22 weeks ago.

I got some tips from a guy who did the whole 260 stack for 10 reps last night though. I got the formula down from him for how to achieve a better weight set on it. I mean, it goes for all muscles but for some reason my lat pull-down / chin up game is whack compared to my other muscles. My rows are good and dead-lift but my lat pull down/chin-up is Larry Holmes status :to:

:wow: i can't imagine doing legs and back in the same day .

Too huge of a work out i would be there all damm day .

Amphibious

Land, water, wherever.
Daps
:wow: i can't imagine doing legs and back in the same day .

Too huge of a work out i would be there all damm day .

I do 3 back exercises and 2 leg exercises.

Ex.

LAT PULL DOWN / ROWS / DEADLIFT

SQUAT / LEG MACHINE shyt / LUNGES etc.

But, I'll sometimes skip doing either Deadlift or squat for a week :manny:

But I always get 3 dead lift/squat days in a month :ufdup: