Help me buy a computer brehs

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I'm looking to get a laptop for the first time in like 6 years. My last one was a gift that I knew nothing about and really wasn't built to make music the way I used it and eventually stopped being useful altogether.

All my research on best laptops for music production generally points to either a Macbook, Surface Pro, or top tier gaming laptop, all of which are too expensive, or one of seemingly 8,000 laptops that seem to measure out more or less the same. I've gained some idea about specs, but I still don't know if I need an i5 or i7 processor or how much RAM/SSD space I need to properly function. I'm willing to spend a little extra, but only if I really need to. Help me out brehs

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
$800 or below. Ideally in the $600 range, but I'm not sure if that's feasible for what I want. Looking to purchase it brand new as well.
Check Overstock too man. A lot of the refurbished stuff is good to go and you'll often see way better deals there than you will at first party sites.

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Check Overstock too man. A lot of the refurbished stuff is good to go and you'll often see way better deals there than you will at first party sites.
My homie is tryna sell me on the refurbished route but every review site I go to looks like a horror show :lupe:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
My homie is tryna sell me on the refurbished route but every review site I go to looks like a horror show :lupe:
I mean, it can be. Just how it is. But overstock is pretty legit about their certification process. I've bought my last 3 laptops from there and have never had an issue.

I've recommended them to family as well. If there's any issue, just make sure you're up on the return policy. Probably the best way to get the most out of your budget though.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Latops: Macbook. They're solid and get up and running really quickly. I still have my Macbook Pro from 2009 with an upgraded SSD. still rocks.

Desktop: PC, it's cheaper, more customizable and you can download and pirate shyt easier. ( let's be real no one's paying for everything.)