Help finding a good gaming monitor.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I currently have a ps5 but I’m considering getting a pc in the future.

I’m just lost in what to get, I’ve done some light research…. Looks like high frames is what’s good… also is 2k the way to go?

Can u guys drop some links please… I also need a desk and chair too.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I currently have a ps5 but I’m considering getting a pc in the future.

I’m just lost in what to get, I’ve done some light research…. Looks like high frames is what’s good… also is 2k the way to go?

Can u guys drop some links please… I also need a desk and chair too.

What exactly do you want? The usual answer an IPS panel, whatever framerate amount you feel you can push for the refresh rate at the given resolution, and the usual mainstream options like variable refresh rate. I suggest looking at Hardware Unboxed on YouTube for a good presentation of review for monitors and their panel capabilities.

TFT Central has good written info, and sometimes Notebook Check. TechPowerUp also has a good review vault.

If that's too far up to start from, then start with the basics. PC and PS5? You'll want something with at least 120hz and VRR. Resolution wouldn't matter too much, but 1440p for sharpness is already something you have in mind. Can go up to 4K and attach the PS5 to it just because, but PC performance would suffer at the native res if you don't have the hardware for it.

Example monitor here.

In my personal case, I primarily hate motion blur (I have an issue with visual processing and LCD blur) and I want a high refresh rate. Rez don't matter to me since at 1080p I can push better framerates. Henceforth, I get monitors with extremely low blur capabilities and high refresh rates (ex. Zowie DyAc, ViewSonic PureXP).