Help choosing the right tv

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
so I’m looking at a 65 inch, was going to get a Samsung but was surprised on the recent reviews. People having issues with them, what other brand would be best and I’m also hearing it’s best not to get a smart tv?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
What's your budget breh?
Depending on how much you want to / can spend the recommendations will be different.
If you're in the $1,000 or less range then you can't go wrong with a TCL 6 Series TV.
If you've got more to spend then LG makes some incredible TVs you should look into.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
What's your budget breh?
Depending on how much you want to / can spend the recommendations will be different.
If you're in the $1,000 or less range then you can't go wrong with a TCL 6 Series TV.
If you've got more to spend then LG makes some incredible TVs you should look into.
I just came across the tcl, I’ve never heard of it so I’m worried about that.

Tell me more about lg, I’m heading to Best Buy to look at some. I considered sharp and Sony too of course.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable spending more then 800.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I just came across the tcl, I’ve never heard of it so I’m worried about that.

Tell me more about lg, I’m heading to Best Buy to look at some. I considered sharp and Sony too of course.

I wouldn’t feel comfortable spending more then 800.
Man TCL is the way to go.
I was skeptical at first too but after reading a ton of reviews and getting recommendations from people in here I went ahead and made the move.
It's a great tv man. In the Sub $1,000 game there really is no competitor to the TCL 6 series sets.
Look into them. Check youtube and some reviews from different sites. You'll see high praise across the board.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Man TCL is the way to go.
I was skeptical at first too but after reading a ton of reviews and getting recommendations from people in here I went ahead and made the move.
It's a great tv man. In the Sub $1,000 game there really is no competitor to the TCL 6 series sets.
Look into them. Check youtube and some reviews from different sites. You'll see high praise across the board.
I’ll look into them.

What u think of this?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-65-...rt-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6290164.p?skuId=6290164

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The TCL is way better.
That LG is standard LED and I don't see any mention of HDR.
HDR10 (or Dolby Vision) is something you definitely need.
If you want to go with a brand you're more comfortable with that's understandable, but you're going to end up getting "less TV" for your money in that >$1000 range.
If you're that concerned then cop the geek squad warranty for the peace of mind.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
The TCL is way better.
That LG is standard LED and I don't see any mention of HDR.
HDR10 (or Dolby Vision) is something you definitely need.
If you want to go with a brand you're more comfortable with that's understandable, but you're going to end up getting "less TV" for your money in that >$1000 range.
If you're that concerned then cop the geek squad warranty for the peace of mind.
It says it has hdr in the key features but I don’t even know what that means

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
It says it has hdr in the key features but I don’t even know what that means
High Dynamic Range.
You need to look specifically for "HDR 10" or "Dolby Vision" for the current technology.
High Dynamic Range essentially gives you more detail in colors. You'll see deeper, more vivid colors.
Some people will argue that proper HDR10 is more important than 4K at this point.
I think they're equally as important but HDR 10 is the more noticeable improvement over previous TVs.

GzUp

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
High Dynamic Range.
You need to look specifically for "HDR 10" or "Dolby Vision" for the current technology.
High Dynamic Range essentially gives you more detail in colors. You'll see deeper, more vivid colors.
Some people will argue that proper HDR10 is more important than 4K at this point.
I think they're equally as important but HDR 10 is the more noticeable improvement over previous TVs.
This is the other one I’m looking at.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-65...d-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6204551.p?skuId=6204551