Helldivers 2 (Arrowhead, PS5/PC, 2024) (457k+ CCU on Steam)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The novel actually plays it straight. The whole story is Johnny Rico only becoming a man when he serves in the military and kills aliens. Rico's dad is angry when his son joins up, but a few years later, he also joins and straight up tells his son that he was angry because his son was more of a man than he was and so he had to join too.

The film is definitely anti-militarization, though. Paul Verhoeven got halfway through the book and hated it so much that he specifically made the movie a mockery of the book's pro-militarization, pro-fascist stance.

If Robert Heinlein were alive, he'd be angry tweeting about Helldivers taking after the movie version of his book.

Also, I can't believe Helldivers is getting this much hype and excitement.

You ever read the forever war? Its funny because that actually seems to be more of a cynical take on the same concept

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Who's on right now - trying to get some games in before I run my son to basketball practice.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Me and @ColdSlither just played a match, this shyt is pretty fun/funny. Accidentally popped him waiting for the drop ship 😂
Like 10 seconds to go. I'm like yeah we out of here. Had these bugs on my ass and they didn't get me, and I catch a stray lol. I'm going to love this game! :russ:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
they're saying the servers sizzling like crisco on a pan right now. all my friends are playing tekken anyway. hopefully by the end of the month its good.