Helldivers 2 (Arrowhead, PS5/PC, 2024) (457k+ CCU on Steam)

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
This game will eventually get the big boss battles, weapon customization, other factions but its all gonna be rolled out so incredibly slow because they spend so much time patching and fixing, and nerfing and buffing then going back and fixing everything that broke, etc.

It’s a combination of the shytty engine they’re using and the smaller size team.
They gon remaster this shyt on the unreal engine for the CincoPro. :mjlol:
Seriously though,
They better shape up quick.

Robbo

All Star
Daps
Finally had a run in with someone who took their role as host way too serious.. idk if he got mad because i ended up outside the wall on the defense mission and died a couple of times.. but dude was typing in the chat box orders :russ:

He was saying get in the Pod... Now!! Idk wtf he was talking about. Then I had called down 2 sentries outside the wall which works pretty good on the defense levels, and he shot my sentries and meleed me off the platform. I ended up boarding the pelican as soon as it landed and he got pissed off and shot me as I sat in the Pelican..calling me a deserter..

I just thought the whole thing was weird.

Deezay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
These Kids
Finally had a run in with someone who took their role as host way too serious.. idk if he got mad because i ended up outside the wall on the defense mission and died a couple of times.. but dude was typing in the chat box orders :russ:

He was saying get in the Pod... Now!! Idk wtf he was talking about. Then I had called down 2 sentries outside the wall which works pretty good on the defense levels, and he shot my sentries and meleed me off the platform. I ended up boarding the pelican as soon as it landed and he got pissed off and shot me as I sat in the Pelican..calling me a deserter..

Them randos nutty, breh. :mjlol:

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205

Dude is an actual idiot. You a real one cause I definitely would’ve returned to my ship and let that fakkit get murdered edge of tomorrow style :mjlol:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

yeah im sending you straight to orbit :mjlol:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Had a strat just pop into thin air back at me just a bit ago. I just let it kill me. It made zero sense even if the strat was a super bouncy ball. This game's frustration-building, anti-player game mechanics is completely garbage and nullifies long-term sessions.

Very annoying casual slapnuts on Reddit think "lol omg isn't it cool" when the game has design to purposely screw the player over, and that feeds the devs to just never fix it.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Good news, everyone!

4eq65bl7vykd1.png

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
let me know when they add bosss battles and illuminate.

All this other shyt they are doing doesn’t fukking matter. No one cares about nerfs and buffs for real, we want more shyt to shoot at and things to earn.

I think meta snobs lean too far into the nerfs/buffs stuff. Polarizing choices in something like the flamethrower nerf should be discussed, IMO. You gotta needlessly chew through ammo now because an effective weapon isn't effective anymore. But the other side is, it really was too effective for the bugs if I'm honest. I think AH's misguided tug-of-war balance doesn't help in a PvE. Players should have the most power in a PvE, but AH wants you to realistically suffer with unrealistic mechanics.

And I agree on the needing more shyt to shoot and such. I get tired of the charade of Charger-Titan endless combo when I fight bugs. That stuff normally isn't fun because it requires exponentially more work unless you rock with the railcannon or strat dump. I prefer robots as they feel more diverse in fighting but otherwise have even worse buggy code. :snoop: But I have to change it up moreso than with bugs, which are normally just the same shyt over and over until Chargers come around.

I read somewhere that AH should just stop faux-balancing and enhance what they have before they stir the pot some more and I agree on that statement, too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think meta snobs lean too far into the nerfs/buffs stuff. Polarizing choices in something like the flamethrower nerf should be discussed, IMO. You gotta needlessly chew through ammo now because an effective weapon isn't effective anymore. But the other side is, it really was too effective for the bugs if I'm honest. I think AH's misguided tug-of-war balance doesn't help in a PvE. Players should have the most power in a PvE, but AH wants you to realistically suffer with unrealistic mechanics.

And I agree on the needing more shyt to shoot and such. I get tired of the charade of Charger-Titan endless combo when I fight bugs. That stuff normally isn't fun because it requires exponentially more work unless you rock with the railcannon or strat dump. I prefer robots as they feel more diverse in fighting but otherwise have even worse buggy code. :snoop: But I have to change it up moreso than with bugs, which are normally just the same shyt over and over until Chargers come around.

I read somewhere that AH should just stop faux-balancing and enhance what they have before they stir the pot some more and I agree on that statement, too.

Lets put it like this, if they hadn’t nerfed anything, there still wouldn’t be 100k still playing the game.

People simply taper off because they got bored. You need to big quests and enemies to fight to keep these games going, people would play with the nerfed weapons if they came up with new and interesting dynamic encounters

It makes no sense that we’re like 7 months in and theres no epic kratos armor or anything, like c’mon give us some fan service

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Lets put it like this, if they hadn’t nerfed anything, there still wouldn’t be 100k still playing the game.

People simply taper off because they got bored. You need to big quests and enemies to fight to keep these games going, people would play with the nerfed weapons if they came up with new and interesting dynamic encounters

It makes no sense that we’re like 7 months in and theres no epic kratos armor or anything, like c’mon give us some fan service

I feel you, no Diddy. It seems like AH has this vision of some pseudo realistic Starship Troopers where you get scraps on all fronts and that is melting down like a candle. I bet it was more fun before the nerfing, but that's beating the horse here on the balancing front. I have the opinion that PvEs usually don't need substantial nerfs but instead should bring the floor up with buffs.

As a newer player, I can't comment on all the gear other than it doesn't seem like there's much diversity there. And on that note, you are mostly discouraged from playing at higher levels since you don't really get anything beneficial from doing so outside of building frustration tolerance (or lack thereof :lolbron: ). Would be nice to get some extras that matter on HELLDIVE but you get nothing really now that I think about it. :ld:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel you, no Diddy. It seems like AH has this vision of some pseudo realistic Starship Troopers where you get scraps on all fronts and that is melting down like a candle. I bet it was more fun before the nerfing, but that's beating the horse here on the balancing front. I have the opinion that PvEs usually don't need substantial nerfs but instead should bring the floor up with buffs.

As a newer player, I can't comment on all the gear other than it doesn't seem like there's much diversity there. And on that note, you are mostly discouraged from playing at higher levels since you don't really get anything beneficial from doing so outside of building frustration tolerance (or lack thereof :lolbron: ). Would be nice to get some extras that matter on HELLDIVE but you get nothing really now that I think about it. :ld:
I mean they have the right idea about difficulty, for me it’s not really fun playing on easier stuff than helldive or super helldive. I want to feel like we need team work to win, the games funnest when you’re just barely surviving. Which is probably why they do the nerfs even though they are over correcting.

I think in general though they are too reactive to community complaints. Their roadmap until october is just addressing complaints and rolling back updates lol