#HealthySnackAlert #CheatCodeActivated

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Coleslaw.

I get the bagged tri color shyt from Walmart for $2 or whatever, it's cheap as hell.

For the sake of a healthy snack I don't use mayo, and I don't even put sugar in it, but there's fixes for that.

The reason it's so dope for me is I'm a crunch addict. It's not even chips and cookies and shyt just anything crunchy. I'll crunch on some celery but it takes too long to eat. Apples take too long to eat (for me) I'm not trying to spend more than 5 minutes if I can but definitely less than 10 minutes 'snacking'. I had to stop buying those plastic floss toothpicks cause I'll chew on those for hours.

As a conduit you can use a Lil olive oil, you can use a little mustard. Use your vinegars, white vinegar, Apple cider vinegar or red wine vinegar. A Lil salt, a Lil, pepper, maybe some celery seed.

If I want something spicy, I throw some jalapeños in it, and use white vinegar. Or sriracha.

If i want something a Lil sweet, I use apple cider vinegar, and shredded (food processor) or diced apples, and to top it off a Lil ground cinnamon. (No blk pepper, but the salt accentuates the sweetness of the Apple)

If you want a Lil tangy flavor with it, chop up some pickles. (Famous Dave's devil spit pickles are spicy as fukk and got that pickle taste)

You can cheat and put ranch and buffalo sauce on it and have buffalo ranch slaw. (I told my homeboy about it and he told me about that, I'm not eating ranch like that so I won't do it, but it's cool to know)

You can make it and let it sit room temp for 30 mins to soak up all the flavor then go at it, or let it chill in the fridge overnight. The best part is, it doesn't get soggy. You still get that crunch.

I've even said fukk it and just cut up or shredded some chicken thighs and ate it with the slaw.

Now restaurant coleslaw or your mom's or grandma's might be drenched in sauce, particularly mayo and white sugar or whatever and be thick or runny, mines has all the flavor but it's not drenched in sauce. In fact when I'm done with all the veggies there's usually plenty of sauce or whatever left behind, but then again I put it on my plate or into another bowl to eat with a fork and it's not dripping into my bowl or plate.

Walmarts entire bag is 12oz, 5 servings of 20 calories. So 100 calorie bags, and you get a decent amount of carrots and red and green cabbage.

Definitely better to grab some forkfuls or spoonfuls of healthy slaw than a handful of chips or a couple of cookies.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
It depends on how much mayo you use but scoot on over to the meal prep thread for some more tips