Healthy snacking throughout working days

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
I've been losing weight and working out this year (going hard last 2 months). I work in an office environment and coworkers always talking about food, and constantly bring in unhealthy snacking foods like doughnuts, chips and always wanna coordinate those cac pot lucks :unimpressed::francis: and of course nothing healthy.

I usually bring in fruit, carrot/celery sticks, and trail mix. Sometimes I want something different. What y'all bring to work? What y'all suggest?

Someone brought in iced sugar cookies today and I am a lil sleepy and I want one for energy but I'm not gonna give in.

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I've been losing weight and working out this year (going hard last 2 months). I work in an office environment and coworkers always talking about food, and constantly bring in unhealthy snacking foods like doughnuts, chips and always wanna coordinate those cac pot lucks :unimpressed::francis: and of course nothing healthy.

I usually bring in fruit, carrot/celery sticks, and trail mix. Sometimes I want something different. What y'all bring to work? What y'all suggest?

Someone brought in iced sugar cookies today and I am a lil sleepy and I want one for energy but I'm not gonna give in.
questions like this are hard, how much effort are you willing to put into snacks/how creative do you want to get? can you make things at work or just want shyt you can dump into bags/tupperware? why do you snack (round out your diet, stave off hunger, mindless eater, avoid cravings/temptation)? do you have salty or sweet cravings? etc

you can either build you snacks in a way that they're helping you achieve things - 3 servings of fruit, 5 servings of veggies, xx grams of protein...or build them in to satiate your cravings/keep you sane. what's your goal for your snacks? that information is needed to suggest things, otherwise this becomes just another generic snack list thread (which you can just search here or on google) as opposed to actually helping YOU.

Amused Mastery

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Always have snacks on hand like fruit or protein bars and you'll never really worry about caving when coworkers bring in donuts. My work locker is full of stuff lol

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
questions like this are hard, how much effort are you willing to put into snacks/how creative do you want to get? can you make things at work or just want shyt you can dump into bags/tupperware? why do you snack (round out your diet, stave off hunger, mindless eater, avoid cravings/temptation)? do you have salty or sweet cravings? etc

you can either build you snacks in a way that they're helping you achieve things - 3 servings of fruit, 5 servings of veggies, xx grams of protein...or build them in to satiate your cravings/keep you sane. what's your goal for your snacks? that information is needed to suggest things, otherwise this becomes just another generic snack list thread (which you can just search here or on google) as opposed to actually helping YOU.

/thread.

But my answer: Blueberries and almonds. Fiber, vitamins, protein and very filling.

Just don't crazy with the almonds, they're calorie dense

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Easy.

Peanut butter sandwiches and a shake.

Keep a jar of natural peanut butter, a bag of whole wheat bread and small tub of protein powder your desk drawer. Throw 2 tbsps of that bytch in one loaf of bread and fold.

Down it with a protein shake.

I use to do that all the time when I was in a office environment.

If that ain't your steez, can't go wrong with a bag of almonds, walnuts or unsalted peanuts.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
make your own trail mix....i make mines with almonds, walnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes and goji berries.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Snacking is too addictive. You can try one but since most snacks are aimple carbs you’ll have a craving an hour later. You basically want low calories snacks. A small apple or medium banana won’t pack too many calories if you eat just one. Watermelon or oranges are great option because they’re mostly water. If you want something sweet try fiber one 70 calorie bars/cakes.

How much calories can you afford to spend on snacks, daily?

Of course if you hitting the gym hard like you say you are, then be liberal with your snacking as much as you want as long as you go hard on cardio

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Easy.

Peanut butter sandwiches and a shake.

Keep a jar of natural peanut butter, a bag of whole wheat bread and small tub of protein powder your desk drawer. Throw 2 tbsps of that bytch in one loaf of bread and fold.

Down it with a protein shake.

I use to do that all the time when I was in a office environment.

If that ain't your steez, can't go wrong with a bag of almonds, walnuts or unsalted peanuts.
You bulking up :picard:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm on that IF tip, so nothing until I get off work, other than coffee/tea. :manny: