Heads up for you at the gym

Luna

All Star
Daps
TL/DR: Cardio machines overestimate the amount of calories you've burned.

I made a weight loss plan and started my journey on May 17th, and have been steadily losing the amount of weight I predicted: around 2 pounds a week. This is excluding a plateau that proved to be water weight. It's been pretty easy so far and I can curb my cravings like I never thought I could.

I prioritize lifting and High Intensity Interval Training, but I love LISS and I love 30-60 minutes on the elliptical while listening to music. Time goes by fast and I keep my heart rate at an average of 175.

Problem is, if you're at a very high calorie deficit (I can eat a net of 546 cals a day) you shouldn't rely on these machines to eat your cals back.

"When broken down by machine, the stationary bike overestimated calorie burn by 7 percent, the treadmill by 13 percent, the stair climber by 12 percent, and a fan-favorite, the elliptical, overestimates by a huge 42 percent."

If I'm on a treadmill, I multiply my calories by 0.13 and subtract from the total amount. For example, if I burned 137 calories, it would look like this: 137 * 0.13 = 18, 137 - 18 = 119 calories. If I'm on the elliptical, I divide my calories by half. If I want to burn 100 calories, I go for 200. That way I'm on the safe side.

Source:
Do Calorie Counters Really Work?

Luna

All Star
Daps
Can't believe how much my body's changed in these 2 months. Collarbones showing and everything. :banderas:

Feel free to post your body goals!

1446524908677859.jpg

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Can't believe how much my body's changed in these 2 months. Collarbones showing and everything. :banderas:

Feel free to post your body goals!

1446524908677859.jpg

She has the body of a 13 year old but this is the body type I want because it's how I would look if I lost a few pounds.

I'm slim right now but I honestly don't like the thickness. Most guys would like that but I don't, I want to be really thin like a model.

Luna

All Star
Daps
She has the body of a 13 year old but this is the body type I want because it's how I would look if I lost a few pounds.

I'm slim right now but I honestly don't like the thickness. Most guys would like that but I don't, I want to be really thin like a model.

Yes!! BBW, curvy, thick women are so cute and sexy but it's not for me. I want to be thin while my 95 pound white sister wants to be thick, so we go to the gym together for different reasons. :pachaha: