'' he thought I was a groupie trying to kick it to him '' -Felicia Palmer (lank)

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
They were fukking geeks.He a failed rapper.She a overweight computer nerd.

:heh:

"I met eyes with little Stevie, who stood out from among the seven brothers because he looked about 16 years old. Of course, now he'll tell you that I was after his wisdom, but back then he thought I was a groupie trying to kick it to him."

At this bytch being a jump off.Now I see where Beth gets it from
:gag:

:childplease: @ her husband being a bum nikka in his moms basement.

In the solitude of life after the Troubleneck Brothers, Steve, long familiar with computers, began to explore the burgeoning online world. One day, while flirting with anonymous women in AOL chat rooms, he accidentally stumbled upon a hip hop forum. Rhyme-savers from across the country were improvising verses and battling the poetry of other rappers. Baited by an MC, Steve responded with a few lyrics of his own. By the end of 1995, after a few two- to three-hour sessions, Steve became an honorary member of the Cybermics, what he calls the first online posse of hip hop MCs. The Net offered a new interactive medium that dovetailed nicely with the call-and-response style of hip hop. Without music to shield their online rapping, only the most talented freestylers could keep up.

"Online hip hop was something completely different," says Steve. "They rapped, sure, but more than that they had invented a new language to capture the immediacy of the Net.

One guy got drummed out of the hip hop chat room because he had prewritten his rhymes. When they started to call him a pre-be, I just cracked up."

:pachaha: @ cacs not respecting him
Steve and Felicia are witnessing the power of Silicon Valley firsthand. Dozens of PCs are located throughout the restaurant. Steve stands in front of a VRML demo depicting a virtual turntable. The audio sucks, but the point isn't lost on Steve. Intel and CNET clearly have resources way beyond Steve's reach.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/5.09/chiphop_pr.html

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
"American artists have sampled everything from jazz to classical music, but kids from other countries aren't confined to a 4/4 measure," says Steve. "And they aren't confined to rhyming about life in America. We're beginning to hear some real bizarre shyt."

No wonder they kept banning us.He took the internet serious :russ:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
cotdamn...article was written in 1997....I was just learning how to type then.... :wow:..as far as hip hop is concerned I remember buying Wu Tang Forever album, loved it so much that I was up in the library checking out the lyrics...one of the first times I really began to use the internet, before I had it at home , which was a year later..