NULL
supposedly spike lee wants to make a sequel to he got game

yay or nay

ThumpDaddy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, AL
I would like to see what the story would be if he made a part 2. Would he deal with the same charaters or will he have an entire new cast and write a whole new story.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...nd-spike-lee-maybe-doing-a-he-got-game-sequel

Jesus Shuttlesworth could be making a return.

Heat guard Ray Allen famously filled the role of Jesus Shuttlesworth for the 1998 movie He Got Game. And via the Associated Press, he might be reprising that role in a sequel.

"Sequels to most movies are always fluff and not as good as the first," Allen said Tuesday. "But it's something we've been talking about for the last couple months. If we get a really good story line and are able to bring everybody back, then it would be something worth doing."

Lee posted a photo of himself and Allen to a social media account last summer, saying then that they were engaging in sequel talk. It wasn't clear then how serious those conversations were.

Allen -- who still gets called "Jesus" by teammates -- said he's committed to making it happen.

"Hopefully it works out," said Allen, whose character in the film was a highly recruited high school basketball star.

The movie, which wasn't a smash success or anything, has not-so-coincidentally found its way on to the airwaves a lot more in recent months likely because of Allen's historic Game 6 shot against the Spurs.

"Not one day goes by where I walk in here and guys don't say that they didn't watch it last night or it wasn't on," Allen said. "I don't know who's in charge of delegating what gets on TV, but it seems like that movie's been on a lot the last two or three months."

In the movie, Allen played a high school basketball phenom whose father, played by Denzel Washington, was paroled for a week so that his father could try and convince him to play for the governor's alma mater.

It has been almost 16 years since the original film came out, so who knows what the new one could be about. And well, if it ends with Jesus hitting a big shot in the NBA Finals, then I guess you could say it was based on a true story.

morris

Superstar
Daps
Happy 20th to one of the GOAT sports movies
giphy.gif

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
you know.. I never seen this movie. I figured I'd catch it later on HBO or somewhere and it's just one of those movies that has eluded me over the years

And I'm a basketball head. Above the rim :salute: Kurtis blow made a song, money making Mitch pulled up in a new whip at a basketball court once. I even seen Hoosiers :yeshrug:

I think I'll finally peep it this weekend, do you think it'll hold up today or will it be slightly cheesed out?