HBO's Station Eleven (book adaptation) is good as fukk brehs

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the dopest books I ever read. It took a while to catch its stride but, once you saw how everything fit together, it was :whoo: They made changes from the book, I can tell from watching the first episode. Its set in Chicago instead of Toronto, Miranda, who is almost like the narrator of the story, is Black, and Kirsten stays with Jeevan eventhough in the book, they split up after the play ended but, I'll allow it :ehh:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I’ll check it out eventually but the trailer made it look boring as hell.

• Dap
Reactions: Dad

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
These fukin time jump sequences these directors employ are so got damn annoying. Fukin hipster cacs directing can’t simply put together a linear storyline for one set of characters per episode…they gotta cram 5 different storylines across 5 different time events in one episode. This shyts trash…

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
These fukin time jump sequences these directors employ are so got damn annoying. Fukin hipster cacs directing can’t simply put together a linear storyline for one set of characters per episode…they gotta cram 5 different storylines across 5 different time events in one episode. This shyts trash…
This one so far seems to have the writing chops behind it to pull it off tho

The pilot was real...
:merchant:

They're laying everything out well imo. This isn't Westworld S2 nonsensical time jumping, I dig it. Donald Glover's homie directed the first 3 episodes, so far I think it's fire. Actors been on point.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Hmmm, ima get back into this. Didn’t really reel me in. Heard the comparisons to The Leftovers and gave that a try and ending up running through all 3 seasons. Ima give this another try though

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
It was alright.

Tried too hard to come across as insightful but I didn't think it had much to say.

And it had some seriously annoying theatre kid energy

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
It was cool, really could of did without the Shakespeare re-enactments.
That was the best part.

This chick taking some bedwench's graphic novel and acting like its the Bible is the worst hipster shuet I've ever seen. Finally something worse than perks of being a wallflower.

And I know that it was Intended to be that way.

And the one black man in the airport wanted to sleep with a dude, I know the janitor took all the hot chicks (except the goalie) but still