HBO Max - A Life of Crime documentary

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was browsing things to watch on HBO Max and recently came across "A Life of Crime".

It's 3 documentaries filmed over the course of about 30 years. It's based in Newark, NJ and mainly follows 3 criminals. Two men and one woman All of them are drug addicts. The two men are thieves and the woman resorts to prostitution to fund her addition.

The first one came out in in 1989. (1 hour)
The second one came out in 1998. (1 hour)
The third one came out in 2021, though the first half of it consists of footage of the first two. (2 hours).

All three can be found on HBO Max.

Life of Crime 1984-2020 (2021) - IMDb

I wouldn't say it's the most amazing documentary ever. But it's an interesting glimpse into how people's lives degrade over time. I felt a bit bad for Robert since he generally seemed likable. Freddie is pretty much a scumbag the entire time. And Deliris is fairly boring. The only thing I can say about her is that she never seems like a believable person. Even when she's telling the truth it seems like she's lying. There's no emotion to her whatsoever. Very strange.

Anyway, thought I'd share.

moflow

Rookie
Daps
Thanks for the info. I seen the title while browsing but never wanted to invest there time to watch it. I may give it a look. I watched the Iceman documentary and that was pretty good. I hope they are similar to that.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for the info. I seen the title while browsing but never wanted to invest there time to watch it. I may give it a look. I watched the Iceman documentary and that was pretty good. I hope they are similar to that.
Which one is the Iceman? The serial killer?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I was browsing things to watch on HBO Max and recently came across "A Life of Crime".

It's 3 documentaries filmed over the course of about 30 years. It's based in Newark, NJ and mainly follows 3 criminals. Two men and one woman All of them are drug addicts. The two men are thieves and the woman resorts to prostitution to fund her addition.

The first one came out in in 1989. (1 hour)
The second one came out in 1998. (1 hour)
The third one came out in 2021, though the first half of it consists of footage of the first two. (2 hours).

All three can be found on HBO Max.

Life of Crime 1984-2020 (2021) - IMDb

I wouldn't say it's the most amazing documentary ever. But it's an interesting glimpse into how people's lives degrade over time. I felt a bit bad for Robert since he generally seemed likable. Freddie is pretty much a scumbag the entire time. And Deliris is fairly boring. The only thing I can say about her is that she never seems like a believable person. Even when she's telling the truth it seems like she's lying. There's no emotion to her whatsoever. Very strange.

Anyway, thought I'd share.

I have seen this, and it's sad as hell. it's shot over like 20 or 30 years or so.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
Is it worth watching the first two parts if part three has some of their footage? Would there be important stuff I'd miss?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is it worth watching the first two parts if part three has some of their footage? Would there be important stuff I'd miss?
Not really.
There are 1 or 2 characters from the 1st one that are dropped.

But the reason I saw all 3 was to see the progression.

I mean look. We’ve all seen this sad story before. I just think HBO showed it in a very real way.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
I'm only 20 minutes in but god damn this guy Mike is a scumbag and a half :what: Abusing his pregnant girl in front of everybody, talking rah rah about not caring about jail and blowing his mom's $750 she put up for bail, then crying like a bytch when he got locked up later that day like "I gotta get outta here" :mjcry:.
Edit: He got 7 years :umad: