HBO has some of the most iconic shows in television history

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's kind of wild that the actors don't really get residuals because they don't replay episodes of most of their programming anywhere with advertisements.

yeah i know they license some shows out, but not the best of the best shows.

just a thought i had after hearing that Drea de Matteo out here doing OF

chrissy rolling in his grave:wow:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Water is wet

is it? because i haven't seen a thread in here on this before.

it's wild that the most iconic shows actors aren't getting seeing any benefits off being on their shows, but if that shyt was on AMC or FX they'd be at least seeing a little something.

shyt even showtime used to license their shows out

:wow:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
is it? because i haven't seen a thread in here on this before.

it's wild that the most iconic shows actors aren't getting seeing any benefits off being on their shows, but if that shyt was on AMC or FX they'd be at least seeing a little something.

shyt even showtime used to license their shows out

:wow:
idk, with a sitcom like friends/ seinfeld. its easy to pay your actors a million dollars every ep. most of the action is in an apartment and a Coffee shop.
Hbo has to pay loads for production value.
Im pretty sure Dea made more money from Joey than she did from The Sopranos.

Do you think actors are getting money everytime a show airs? Like Jason Alexander gets paid? I would think only Jerry and Larry David are getting paid for seinfeld reruns. I might be wrong.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
idk, with a sitcom like friends/ seinfeld. its easy to pay your actors a million dollars every ep. most of the action is in an apartment and a Coffee shop.
Hbo has to pay loads for production value.
Im pretty sure Dea made more money from Joey than she did for The Sopranos
I don't think you fully understand the premise of this thread.

yes, sitcoms from networks get rerun and syndicated, or at least they used to. television is dying now to some degree so that's probably becoming less of a thing. so those were definitely considered easy money and good money in the TV industry since forever. especially if you got on a show that aired over 100 episodes or whatever.

it's not about how much she got paid per episode when it aired, or how popular it was tho.

HBO shows, especially the most popular ones, never see syndication. never get re-aired off of the HBO network. there is no residuals for something that airs solely on a network with no advertising.

it's a blessing and a curse to be on those shows in a way, especially the ones that ran a lot of seasons. spend 5-7 television seasons of your life on a show that doesn't really get residuals despite being considered one of the greatest shows of all time, just kind of wild to think about.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I don't think you fully understand the premise of this thread.

yes, sitcoms from networks get rerun and syndicated, or at least they used to. television is dying now to some degree so that's probably becoming less of a thing. so those were definitely considered easy money and good money in the TV industry since forever. especially if you got on a show that aired over 100 episodes or whatever.

it's not about how much she got paid per episode when it aired, or how popular it was tho.

HBO shows, especially the most popular ones, never see syndication. never get re-aired off of the HBO network. there is no residuals for something that airs solely on a network with no advertising.

Like i said when i edited my post I didnt know actors are getting money everytime a show airs.
Like Jason Alexander gets paid? I would think only Jerry and Larry David are getting paid for seinfeld reruns and the producers. I might be wrong. Myabe they have that in their contracts,

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
That ain't true.
Insecure itself got a run on Warner Bros. Discovery-owned cable network OWN earlier this year, a rare recent move for an HBO series to get a run on basic cable.

HBO made a big push in off-network syndication more than a decade ago when it sold edited versions of Sex and the City to TBS (and subsequently E!/Style), Curb Your Enthusiasm to TV Guide Channel, Entourage to Spike as well as The Sopranos to A&E for a blockbuster $200M deal.
The wire used to come on bet while it was still ongoing.