HBO Documentary: Telemarketers

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I couldn’t find a thread on this.

What did you think of the Telemarketers documentary?

Pat was likable but kind of a sad figure.
These are regular people and they had better morals than the police, politicians, and scum they worked for.

Senator Blumenthal (D-CT) came off as a special kind of a$$hole who didn’t give a shyt to help. Even if you have a low view of politicians this takes it down another notch.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The second episode was way worse than the first, I couldn't get past 10 minutes or so. The first was intruiging but it fumbled. Does episode 2 improve?
Maybe you just liked the 1st episode because it showed the most fukkery.

:russ:

The rest of the episodes focus on how the FOP was pretty much in bed with the telemarketers the whole time. But that blue wall of silence made exposing them very difficult.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just finished it. I enjoyed it a lot. Dope 'cameo' by Sarah Kleiner who I've read articles on in the past (and I think heard on public radio interviews on the topic).

We saw Blumenthal wrapping Pat up but, in all likelihood, during the interview Pat was probably disorganized and rambling without having a clear agenda lol. The end of the interview tho w/ the reveal on the wall reminded me of some Verbal Kent shyt tho lol.

One part that I'm unsure about is that the governmental organizations that aren't doing anything about it (FTC, etc) are painted as complicit, but the movie doesn't investigate whether they actually have the teeth or enforcement capabilities to take on FOPs across the nation

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Pat!!!
patrick-pespas.jpg

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
Done looked at this shytand thought “this ain’t bout shyt” and someone in the Max thread told me it was about Police and the phone calls they make. I now know this shyt is going to be fukkery filled, watching tonight

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's Pat J. Pespas :ufdup:
Pat wasn’t a polished reporter or interviewer.
He clearly looked out of his league in that way. But it’s not like he had any training or education in that sort of thing.

But Pat was a great salesman and talker. Even if he initially used those skills to scam people out of money.

In the end though, I found Pat to be a pretty smart guy and through it all he does have a conscience.

And not just him. But a lot of the people who worked at CDG.

It goes to show you that just because someone may suffer with substance abuse or was a criminal or is on the edge of society just trying to make it…they are still people with value. And sometimes they can make a difference.

This may be corny but that’s part of how I felt about this documentary.

…but yeah they were deep into the fukkery in the early days.

:skip:

JLaw

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a fun watch.

I know some Coli posters must have worked at a place like this, I almost did when I was in high school. Those call centers were notorious.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps