Having to pay extra to stream 4K is weird

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Once companies started paying more for exclusive content like when they plucked South Park from Netflix, it showed consumers were willing to pay for multiple streaming services. It validated the market for them to start these streaming wars.

Once Netflix started losing high profile content I saw the writing on the wall and never paid another dollar for a streaming service again.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
It's also because ISPs feel like their losing money on the bandwidth and trying to make the streaming services pay for it. Most ISPs, especially here in America know their infrastructure and services could use a TON of work but do not want to pay for it so they stay trying to get the govt and now streaming services to get the bill.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
It's also because ISPs feel like their losing money on the bandwidth and trying to make the streaming services pay for it. Most ISPs, especially here in America know their infrastructure and services could use a TON of work but do not want to pay for it so they stay trying to get the govt and now streaming services to get the bill.

man these companies got gluttonous on fed $$$ to improve and rollout infrastrutcure for decades that they brazenly never did and get rewarded for it with more fed $$$.

fukk what they complain about

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's pretty embarrassing that next to nothing is natively available in 4K in 2023 outside of specifically purchasing 4K Ultra HD quality movies. And you still need a 4K player to play them in that quality. :dead:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
It's pretty embarrassing that next to nothing is natively available in 4K in 2023 outside of specifically purchasing 4K Ultra HD quality movies. And you still need a 4K player to play them in that quality. :dead:
The data costs are too high, nobody wants to do anything about it. Americas internet services sucks compared to most developed nations. Never ask how much the average european pays for the internet and how fast it is...it will make you mad.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's embarrassing that DVDs are still around (with 8K tvs on the market) and still make up 65 to 70% of disc sales

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
kinda sucks but I don’t pay for it every month…I plan on bailing for a while after barry is over…I don’t think they have any new shows/seasons scheduled after that

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The data costs are too high, nobody wants to do anything about it. Americas internet services sucks compared to most developed nations. Never ask how much the average european pays for the internet and how fast it is...it will make you mad.

how much and how fast?

I can’t possibly be any angrier than I already am (still fuming over “snowfall”)

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is no different than cable providers still charging more for HD (now 4K) shyt been going on for decades
We have Spectrum here and they don't even offer non-HD boxes and haven't charged for HD in almost a decade. My parents have Comcast. I don't think they charge more for that either but I'd have to ask them.