Having a problem with my 4k tv..

Uptown WaYo87

HARLEM/BX
Daps
For some reason out of nowhere my ps4 pro only works with regular hdmi cable but not my 4k cables.Anyone experienced this before? Also my surround sound which i had optical wire connecting it with the tv, is now not generating any sound. Its a Sony bravia xbr 65 inch....im trying to find the exact name now. Besides that no other problems with the tv

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
For some reason out of nowhere my ps4 pro only works with regular hdmi cable but not my 4k cables.Anyone experienced this before?
PS4 is very finicky with certain cables, basically the shyttier quality the cable is, the more likely you're gonna have trouble. Even the stock cable that came with the PS4 Pro is trash af and mine started acted up. Get you some quality Monoprice 2.1 cables, very cheap and high quality.

Also my surround sound which i had optical wire connecting it with the tv, is now not generating any sound. Its a Sony bravia xbr 65 inch....im trying to find the exact name now. Besides that no other problems with the tv

Basically what @Sweet Meat Chaucer said, Sony has dropped the ball on both ps3 and ps4 when it comes to proper PCM management and optical outputs. It switches things on the fly and for certain sound bars and home theaters it can cause major headache. The easiest solution would be to use HDMI but that isn't the common input on most of today's bars, its optical. Luckily PS4 has an option to use PCM or Dolby Digital if your bar supports it and you should be good.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Make sure your HDMI input is set to UHD.

Your sound settings on your PS4 should be Bitstream.

hotbeezie

Go Dawgzz!!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
Wait :ohhh:

what’s 4K cables:feedme:

My hdmi output always reads as 2160p (4K) when I’m playing my PS4 pro.

:feedme::mjgrin:

Daps
Agreed. 2.0 has more bandwidth that can be used for more av channels and 4k at 60hz.

Op problems seem to be sound related so maybe a 2.0 HDMI cable could help.

There's no such thing as a "2.0" cable. If any manufacturer is calling their cables that, it is just marketing. The most modern HDMI cable is the high speed HDMI cable, which should be the "default" cable sold now. I am PC gaming at 4k 60fps using a "regular" HDMI cable.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
I think u need the HDMI that came with the PS4 to get the full quality