Having a gym membership and workout equipment at home?

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do any of you guys have a gym membership and also weights and a bench at the crib?

Man... I've been missing so many days of going to the gym that I'm thinking about buying a bench and some weights for the crib. There's times where I wake up and just don't feel like getting dress and driving to the gym or simply don't have time but I'm in the mood to workout and then I think to myself... "Damn... if I had some weight and a bench here at the crib... I could just do a light workout here".

But the flip side of that is... the fact that I would have weights and a bench at the crib would give me another reason to never go to the gym... and I would keep putting off going to the gym by saying..."I don't really feel like going to the gym and I have weights here so I'll just workout at home later tonight"... but when tonight comes I still won't lift at the crib even though I have weights and a bench right here. smh

So... to the guys that have a gym membership and workout equipment at home... how often do you use your home workout equipment?... on days where you can't make it to the gym do you use your home workout equipment instead or do you just say "fukk it" and take the day off and not even use your home equipment because it's not the same as going to the gym?

Home workout equipment... a handy light gym replacement for every now and then or a waste of money because you'll never use it?

https://postimage.org/

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I have a full home gym.... cage with a high/low pulley, ~450lb of oly plates with 2 bars, ~300lb of standard plates with little bars and a smith machine for wifey. I do have a gym membership at my job and I do 3 days there and workout at home on the weekends, but I designed my workout so if anything at work changes I can do everything at home.

It sounds more like you have a motivation/discipline problem though. I feel weird if I MISS a workout.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I go to the base, and I have dumbbells and bands at home. One week I do bands because of injuries, next week I go to the gym.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
I got 2 40lb dumbbells and a pull up bar to go with my gym membership. I do 4 days at the gym and 2 days of home workouts. Mostly pull ups and pushups tho. I'll probably add more to my collection but la fitness is like 2 blocks away so I'm content for now

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I used to have both before I sold my garage equipment. I may buy some stuff again because my passion for the gym isn't once what it once was. I can take my pre, hit my garage, be done in the time it takes to travel there and back, not including the workout. I was doing 5x5s at home and some random workouts and I was in great shape. I had a jumprope or I would walk/run for cardio. I was going to pick up a bike or something for indoor cardio. I would look at DSG or Sports Authority models then look on craigslist for the models I liked for the low since chances are most people were buying from there and not using.

Things you may want which gave me 95% of my needed exercises (all bought used or worked out on trades):

Powerblocks 95lb dumblell kit...expandable up to 135lb (paid 400 with a bench)
*Flat bench (got this off of a trade with the stuff below) Bought a huge piece of gym equipment for cheap and traded a reseller for equipment.
*power rack with straight pullup bar
*2 45lb bars and 600lbs of weights

Wanted this, saw many for 300-400 locally on craigslist

bodysolid_leg_press_lg__10293_zoom.jpg