Have you ever just packed up and moved?

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
Man, I been thinking about doing this shyt heavy for atleast 2 years. I want to relocate out west (texas, az, ca, nv) but i don't have the shyt I need just yet. Probably going to spend the next year getting my shyt together here and then begin looking for a job out that way. I would start now but I need to be able to travel to interviews and shyt and don't have the funds to do so. Anyways, feel free to share your experiences and do you regret doing any of it?

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
Several times as a kid growing up but I didn't wanna go. My parents forced me cause they were moving. I'm happy where I am right now but sometimes I think about moving back to the country where I was born. I still have friends out there and my older brother still lives out there so I'd be good.

sanityovar8ted

OG Moma Coli....dat bytch Thowd!!!
Daps
Reppin
OAK CLIFF TX
yep i was trynna get away from my babydaddy, so i planned it so i could move out and into a new house while he was at work. nicca looked for me for a long time. best decision i made regarding him. i moved across town and i did it all in one trip.

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
I'm doing this soon. I've been reading up on what I'll need to know if things don't go well. I have little other recourse. :ld:I'm going out West (not Cali or Nevada), as well.

Last edited:

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
I've been thinking about doing this. There was a similar thread here on this topic and I was reading everyone's advice & pro's/con's about doing it. I'm tired of the DC area and I want to go to a new area. I prefer the South, more specifically NC, ATL, or FL.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I'd like to just move out to So. Cal and buy a house that has a pool so I can invite my friends over to skate it and drink beers, have BBQs, and smoke blunts. LOL.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
yep i was trynna get away from my babydaddy, so i planned it so i could move out and into a new house while he was at work. nicca looked for me for a long time. best decision i made regarding him. i moved across town and i did it all in one trip.
terry_gif.gif

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
I did it with an ex several years ago- from Denver to SF. Moved with one months rent and enough to eat/bills etc. No jobs, either of us. It ended up working out, I got a job within a week (in the field I'm in today and this was 5+ years ago) he got one a few weeks later. In hindsight, it was really irresponsible, but we got lucky. My best friend did the same thing to San Diego, and ended up unemployed and sleeping on her uncles couch for like a year...... pros and cons, good and bad luck.

Obviously I don't regret it because it worked out, but I also didn't have an uncles couch to sleep on if it didn't....

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Never switch coasts without a plan. Being homeless aint fun, and western union can be slow/complicated to figure out.

When my landlord pulled illegal stunts in Feb 2013, I withheld rent and lawyered up. The LL and his attorney refused to file for eviction; he did not want to lose and pay those damages. When the amount of rent that I had NOT paid matched the amount of damages that I would get in court for the landlord's illegal stunts, I moved out. -_-

But I gave the LL notice and returned the keys and left the place WAY CLEANER than I found that shyt hole.

I was the best tenant that jack ass ever had. <_< He mak

Action Jackson

Can I live
Daps
I want to do this but I'm one of those people who need to be prepared for everything.