Have y'all ever alternated weekly between cardio and lifting?

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I've never done this before and I'm not expecting different results, I just wanna switch it up.

This week I been doing only cardio and starting next week I'll only be lifting.

Y'all ever done anything like this?

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just do whatever I want when I feel like :yeshrug:

A good program will give you consistent results but im just tryna look good and not get bored doing it

Sometimes for a few weeks I'll go hard on my bicycle

Sometimes I focus on boxing and circuits

Unless you preppin for a contest or have a specfic goal in mind for a specific time window.. i aint that serious :ld:

ultraflexed

Superstar
Daps
Depends on the overall goal but I can’t imagine that skipping lifting two weeks out of a month is generally optimal if you are trying to either grow or maintain muscle mass during a cut.

Exactly, do cardio after or before your workouts.
If you wanna switch things up,
One week do treadmill running
Week 2 do the revolving stair mill
Week 3 jog outside for 30 minutes
Week 4 walk on a high incline on the treadmill for 45 minutes

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
If you have a flip flop programme, you'll have a flip flop body... Great arms, no chest, great chest and shoulders, lack of ab visibility...you never want that unbalanced look.

Also cardiovascular stuff tends to be more about oxygen retention and all that cardio science stuff, whereas lifting tends to be about breaking up muscle fibre, recovery, eating foods that most help with that synthesis process.. So if you're training like you're running the marathon one week, and then switching up to training like you're going for NFL or Rugby trials, then back to the Tour De France...

That sounds iffy to me.
You can do cardio in the morning and lift later, or lift first followed by a sprint session, but all within the same day or the same session..... You can bike, then go do upper body etc all within one day

But to completely flip a programme seems crazy to me. It's very easy to run, then lift, then do Calisthenics DAILY.. But the results speak for themselves.

It boils down to what you wanna look and feel like.
That's my unsiecetific take.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
If you’re just trying to maintain what you have/be active, it’s really not an issue. But if that’s the case, you’re better just hitting the weights 4x week for 30-40 mins and doing two cardio sessions.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
If you’re just trying to maintain what you have/be active, it’s really not an issue. But if that’s the case, you’re better just hitting the weights 4x week for 150-180 mins and doing two cardio sessions a month.

FTFY. :steviej:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
No that’s just lazy. Losing out on results skipping a whole week on lifting weights and cardio

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
If you’re just trying to maintain what you have/be active, it’s really not an issue. But if that’s the case, you’re better just hitting the weights 4x week for 30-40 mins and doing two cardio sessions.
Two cardio sessions a month will not do anything lmao.