Hav Plenty (1997)

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
"Hav Plenty" (1997) is a 90s romance-comedy film that has flown under the radar for a while. Christopher Scott Cherot wrote, directed, and financed most of the film. A few members of the main cast began their careers with this film.

The movie won at a few film festivals, and at the Sundance Film Festival, the movie earned a nomination for Grand Jury Prize Dramatic. However, the soundtrack by executive producers Michael McQuarn and Tracey Edmonds catapulted the film to the next level.

This movie is a witty 90s-era comedy. It's a solid representation of evolving black filmmaking, which opens additional doors for people to grow their careers.

Director: Christopher Scott Cherot
Writer: Christopher Scott Cherot

Starring Christopher Scott Cherot, Chenoa Maxwell, Tammi Katherine Jones, Robinne Lee, Hill Harper, Reginald James, Kim Harris

Storyline
For struggling novelist Lee Plenty, the only thing sorrier than his writing career is his love life. That is, until Lee's old college friend, Havilland, invites him to her home to celebrate New Year's Eve. Before long, Lee is surrounded by three gorgeous women: Havilland, her uninhibited best friend, and her affection-starved sister. It looks like Lee's in for a weekend filled with laughter, love, and surprises.

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
"Hav Plenty" (1997) is a 90s romance-comedy film that has flown under the radar for a while. Christopher Scott Cherot wrote, directed, and financed most of the film. A few members of the main cast began their careers with this film.

The movie won at a few film festivals, and at the Sundance Film Festival, the movie earned a nomination for Grand Jury Prize Dramatic. However, the soundtrack by executive producers Michael McQuarn and Tracey Edmonds catapulted the film to the next level.

This movie is a witty 90s-era comedy. It's a solid representation of evolving black filmmaking, which opens additional doors for people to grow their careers.

Starring Christopher Scott Cherot, Chenoa Maxwell, Tammi Katherine Jones, Robinne Lee, Hill Harper, Reginald James, Kim Harris

Storyline
For struggling novelist Lee Plenty, the only thing sorrier than his writing career is his love life. That is, until Lee's old college friend, Havilland, invites him to her home to celebrate New Year's Eve. Before long, Lee is surrounded by three gorgeous women: Havilland, her uninhibited best friend, and her affection-starved sister. It looks like Lee's in for a weekend filled with laughter, love, and surprises.

you must follow the black film history page on FB too lol

I’m always on here saying how Hav Plenty>Love Jones

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’

Storyline

Cute film.

Daps
I mentioned it once before, but years ago, I reached out to the chic that Haviland's character was based on. (this is a true story for those of you who didn't know)

I reached out to her on Twitter and asked her if Chris Cherot's depiction of this day was accurate, and she responded and told me it was.

The only thing that is different in the movie is that they didn't get together at the end. That was a movie fairy tale ending.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I watched some of this for the first time a few years ago, I can’t remember what it was about it that but I lost interest in the movie within the first 20 minutes of watching it