has there been a game company that has fallen off harder than Valve?

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Valve used to be one of the premier game developers, pushing the envelope with Half-Life... Portal, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, L4D etc.

and recently they been doing gimmicks like that card game that failed within a week and VR stuff like Half-Life Alyx when people want a proper Half Life 3

Also STEAM screwed everything up, they got too much money and got lazy. Rockstar is a close second with the success of GTAO getting to their head

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Valve used to be one of the premier game developers, pushing the envelope with Half-Life... Portal, Counter-Strike, Day of Defeat, Team Fortress, L4D etc.

and recently they been doing gimmicks like that card game that failed within a week and VR stuff like Half-Life Alyx when people want a proper Half Life 3

Also STEAM screwed everything up, they got too much money and got lazy. Rockstar is a close second with the success of GTAO getting to their head

Alyx is dope as fukk breh.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I understand they have so much money that Gabe just lets them do whatever until they strike gold. I think they restarted half life like four times until they got Alyx. Portal, L4D, TF, and CS do seem pretty straight forward to develop and would print money right now. I guess Gabe just doesn't give a fukk.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It dos suck that they swallowed up Campo Santo and seem to not be putting anything else out any time soon. I was really looking forward to their new game

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Gabe is Dubai living in murica. I don’t blame him, I’d trick on dime pieces too with valve fortune.