Happ 24th birthday to The Matrix

Could we apply the Matrix to today's AI? Could we become enslaved to AI?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We're already in too deep

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • fukk no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
The Matrix was released March 31st, 1999. Today we are staring down the barrel of singularity.

The Matrix, a science-fiction action film directed by the Wachowskis, had a significant cultural impact when it was released in 1999. It explored themes of reality, artificial intelligence, and the human condition, resonating with audiences around the world.

One of the most significant impacts of The Matrix was its influence on popular culture. The film's visual style and action sequences have been widely imitated and parodied in movies, television shows, and video games. Its iconic bullet-time effect, which slows down time while the camera moves around a frozen scene, has become a staple of action movies and video games.

The Matrix also had an impact on the way people think about technology and its relationship to humanity. The film's depiction of a world in which humans are enslaved by machines that have become sentient resonated with fears and anxieties about the increasing role of technology in our lives. It sparked discussions about the ethics of artificial intelligence and the potential consequences of creating intelligent machines.

The film's exploration of the nature of reality also had a profound impact on popular culture. The idea that the world we perceive as real might be a simulation created by a higher power or advanced technology has become a common theme in science fiction and philosophy. The Matrix popularized this idea and helped to bring it into the mainstream.

In conclusion, The Matrix had a significant impact on popular culture, technology, and philosophy. Its themes and visual style continue to influence the media we consume today

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Love the whole franchise. Wachowskis were ahead. Gotta realize the sequels are about how even after revolution shyt doesn't just change like that, the war never ends, problems don't stop. Resurrections basically being explicitly about how love is the only thing that matters, hold on and fight for it because everything else just gonna cycle and come around again. You get a lot of that in the previous 3 though. I know everyone want the positive ending of winning the war but Wachowskis were definitely exploring their own lives through the entire franchise.

eiYsSLg.gif

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I remember coming out of the theatre as a lil kid with my mind blown...Its still top 5 most impactful film in my life.

Damn shame what happened with those sequels tho :scust:
sequels weren't quite up to the task as a whole but come on now, that highway sequence was fukkinridiculous™

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I remember coming out of the theatre as a lil kid with my mind blown...Its still top 5 most impactful film in my life.

Damn shame what happened with those sequels tho :scust:
I got to watch the 4th again...

I remember going to see the first one opening day. Long ass day too. School all day. Smashed my girl at lunch. Went to my boys after school. We rode skate boards like 5 KM's to Scarborough Town Center (Toronto heads know) and I crashed cuz it was a midnight showing. Woke up after like 20 mins and it was bumping.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
This franchise needs to be handed over to new creatives and possibly television. You can setup any number of different factions, a formula that has proven to work so well on tv.

It cannot sit on the shelf for another 18 years. Move Andrew Koji over from Warrior which has a limited audience and get him in this franchise. Keanu it's been real, congratulations on John Wick.