Handcuffed Man, In a Patrol Car, shot in the Head...Police say, he shot himself...smh

Daps
The same way we watched the Trayvon case we need to watch this one as well.

A 21-year-old man was found shot in the head while handcuffed in the back of a patrol car Saturday night. Now police have launched an investigation to determine what happened.

Chavis Carter was a passenger in a pickup truck that was stopped by police in Jonesboro, Ark., Saturday night, according to KAIT, an ABC-affiliated television station. An officer reportedly found some marijuana, and ran Carter's information. He was wanted on a warrant out of Mississippi, so officers placed him in a patrol car.

"As protocol, he was handcuffed behind his back, double-locked and searched," said Jonesboro Police Department Sgt. Lyle Waterworth in an interview with WREG-TV.

Just minutes later, police said they heard a thumping noise, turned around and found Carter shot in the head.

Waterworth said he thinks Carter pulled out a hidden gun and shot himself. “Any given officer has missed something on a search, you know, be it drugs, be it knives, be it razor blades," he said. "This instance, it happened to be a gun."

His mother, Teresa Carter, disagrees. "I think they killed him," she said. "My son wasn't suicidal."

Carter said she was also told her son was shot in the right temple, although he was left-handed. "I mean, I just want to know what really happened," she told WREG-TV. "That's all I want to know."

The two officers who were present when Carter was found shot were placed on administrative leave.

VIDEO: Chavis Carter Found Shot In The Head While In Patrol Car; Investigation Launched

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Fry the officers...the son of a bytch probably had roid rage and pulled the trigger. How the hell can you be handcuffed and shoot yourself in the head.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
Sad story though, I feel for his family. N!ggas still aren't going to do anything about it.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
How can they think he shot himself? If he was handcuffed and shot himself in the head in the back of the car then where is the gun. Simple as that. Oh wait don't tell me him threw in the gun in the bushes after he shot himself in the head.

:aicmon:

the avi

:ehh:

Daps
Is this not national news?

Not sure...but this definitely cant slip through the cracks...its appalling that it happens at all, but for it to be this brazen...this is a direct slap in the face of the ENTIRE BLACK COMMUNITY.

They are saying that we really don't matter. How can you disrespect anyone's intelligence and say that he shot him self after you searched him twice for a weapon...and like my man said..."where is the gun".

Ric Shaw

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Maryland

Coming from the GOAT storyteller. Much appreciated

dap-o.gif

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
i knew he was ...

damn

is that what it comes to
is that what it comes to
is that what it comes to

when will yall stand up and fight

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
:shaq2:

This is just sad. shyt doesnt even make any sense man. Idk why their even needs to be a trial, so the officers admitted that he was handcuffed behind his back? they admitted they searched him prior to leaving him in the squad car? Yet he somehow managed to bypass all of those precautions and still shot himself in the head?

:snoop: