Halle Berry stops on John Wick 3 red carpet for two black reporters who were denied interview

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
No, I Can’t Skip My Brother and Sister”: Halle Berry Stops for Black Reporters Shut Out of John Wick 3 Premiere
Screen-Shot-2019-05-16-at-11.05.26-PM.png

Halle Berry ignored event organizers to make the day of two black reporters at her John Wick 3 movie premiere in Los Angeles Wednesday.

Berry, 52, walked the red carpet with her co star Keanu Reeves taking interviews with various media outlets.

But when Oscar-winning actress reached two lesser known black reporters identified as Emerald Marie of Where’s the Buzz TV

and another reporter, identified only as Lamar, the public relations company in charge of the premiere claimed there was no more time for an interview and a representative tried to usher her away.

Halle Berry turned on her heels and said “No, I can’t skip my brother and sister and joined the two journalists for an interview.

Emerald Marie went to Instagram to thank Halle Berry for her graciousness and to spill the tea on how black journalists often get treated at red carpet events.

@emerald.marie.tv on Instagram: “I wanted to share this story because so often we hear people say “support black business” We all know it’s hard being the Minortity in…”

“No, I Can’t Skip My Brother and Sister”: Halle Berry Stops for Black Reporters Shut Out of John Wick 3 Premiere – Wonder Wombman