Hailey Van Lith enters transfer portal AGAIN, leaving LSU (UPDATE: Going to TCU)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Because people think their teams are going to make it.

Nobody knows what's going to happen on the men's side.
Come on fam. The star power gap is huge. Nobody cares about these college dudes right now. G-League, one-and-done, transfer portals etc have ruined the sport at the worst possible time. NIL could actually help programs retain talent if not for the other shyt. And given the NBA's struggles I hope they reconsider some of this too. They should have an incentive to ensure the NBA draft is full of prospects people actually know about. I'd get rid of one-and-dones. You shouldn't qualify for the NBA unless you're a sophomore in college And more NIL deals need to be structured as two year deals to prevent players from hopping into the portal (unless the head coach leaves, at which point players can go wherever they want). That would fix a looooot of problems IMO.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Come on fam. The star power gap is huge. Nobody cares about these college dudes right now. G-League, one-and-done, transfer portals etc have ruined the sport at the worst possible time. NIL could actually help programs retain talent if not for the other shyt. And given the NBA's struggles I hope they reconsider some of this too. They should have an incentive to ensure the NBA draft is full of prospects people actually know about. I'd get rid of one-and-dones. You shouldn't qualify for the NBA unless you're a sophomore in college And more NIL deals need to be structured as two year deals to prevent players from hopping into the portal (unless the head coach leaves, at which point players can go wherever they want). That would fix a looooot of problems IMO.

The issue isn’t the existence of one and done, it’s that these last couple freshmen classes have been weak. This draft in particular is being projected as one of the worst ever.

Next year is expected to be different with Cooper Flagg, Ace Bailey, Dylan Harper all coming in. If those guys live up to the hype men’s CBB will rebound just fine.