Gym Brehs Should I run a 10K on 7/4/16? Update, it's on.

Gym Brehs Should I run a 10K on 7/4/16?

• Enjoy the holiday

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Atlanta has a pretty big 10K on July 4th. I ran it two consecutive years not that long ago but I haven't been interested since. For some reason I'm getting the itch to do it again.

Training really isn't an issue other than actually incorporating distance again. I usually stick to sprints, hills, etc. I would probably start in May after my work schedule clears.

What say you?

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
208.gif

cdc

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
14th and Kennedy to Macombos
Do it. Take the next 10 weeks and build aerobic capacity (google Dr. Phil Maffertone and Mark Allen) to get the aerobic up, and then spend the rest of the time with one day sprints, one day hiils, one day (sat or sun) long run, etc. Check out Brad Hudson and his book

Lana del Rey

Only the ocean can separate us....
Daps
Reppin
Atl
Are you talking about the peachtree road race in Atlanta ?? If so you should definitely run it. This year hopefully should be my third time running it and I'm excited for it. You should definitely do it if you feel comfortable.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Atlanta has a pretty big 10K on July 4th. I ran it two consecutive years not that long ago but I haven't been interested since. For some reason I'm getting the itch to do it again.

Training really isn't an issue other than actually incorporating distance again. I usually stick to sprints, hills, etc. I would probably start in May after my work schedule clears.

What say you?

Itches must be scratched eventually. I say do it.:manny:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Are you talking about the peachtree road race in Atlanta ?? If so you should definitely run it. This year hopefully should be my third time running it and I'm excited for it. You should definitely do it if you feel comfortable.
Yep
The only part that will suck is that I don't have a current time. I will be in the back dodging the walkers. 6.2 turns into 7.0 going left to right :francis:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Yep
The only part that will suck is that I don't have a current time. I will be in the back dodging the walkers. 6.2 turns into 7.0 going left to right :francis:
How often did you participate in runs prior to taking time off? I'm looking for races since I'm moving to Augusta and I don't see shyt there on in the A outside of the Mudrun

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
How often did you participate in runs prior to taking time off? I'm looking for races since I'm moving to Augusta and I don't see shyt there on in the A outside of the Mudrun
Try the Atlanta Track Club. That's best place to see races. They have them all the time.